Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto Hangs on Listing Albums

Android Auto Hangs on Listing Albums

I tried to reply in a similar post but I couldn't (not reply button). It seems that back in December 2017, a few people were having proplems veiwing albums from within android auto. One person replied in January 2018 that it started working again. However, I can not get my android auto to show the list of albums. It is stuck with a spining circle saying "Getting your selection..." but it never does. It works just fine outside of android auto. Everything else seems to work perfectly in android auto except for listing the albums.

I'm using spotify version 8.4.61.683 armV7

Galaxy S7 android version 7.0

Tried on WIFI and Data

I've cleared the cache, data, and uninstalled/reinstalled both Spotify and android auto. Any updates on this or Ideas? 

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Community!

Did this start happening after an update to your Spotify or Android Auto? For now, you can try seeing if there are any pending updates for Android Auto. If there are, try installing them to see if it helps.

You can also try checking for updates to the Spotify app.

Let us know how it goes.

I don't know about after any update. However, I do keep my apps regularly updated. I just recently started to explore more of what Spotify can do. Most of the time I listen to music in the car, so I was looking into what I could do with Spotify through Android Auto when I discovered this issue.

Like I said, I have cleared the cache and data from both Android Auto and Spotify and uninstalled and reinstalled both (at the same time). When reinstalling I downloaded the latest and greatest from the play store. I listed my version number for Spotify already, but I forgot to list the version of Android Auto. It's 3.4.582534-release.

As of a few hours ago, the issue still exists.

Hi. The issue still persist. I did some further testing. Using the same phone, I logged out of spotify and logged back in using my daughter's account. She doesn't have anything saved--just a has a couple of playlists. So I saved a few albums for testing. Albums show up using her account in Android Auto. My account does not.

To see if my device has anything to do with things, I tried on my wife's phone. She doesn't use spotify or Android Auto, so I had to install them both. The issue is the same on her phone. If I login as my daughter, it works as expected. However, logging into my account it doesn't. I just get the perpetual spinning circle. Again, outside of Android Auto it works fine.

So it is strange that it's only effecting my account. What could possibly cause this?

Suggested posts