USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 7

Operating System

Android 

Android Auto - connected via USB cable

Spotify Version: 8.6.14.975

My Question or Issue

This may or may not be related to a defect that was fixed recently regarding large playlists not loading in Android Auto (see https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-Auto-Playlist-not-loading-fully). Although the playlists now load and play, the LIST of Playlists itself loads very slowly in Android Auto. After selecting Playlists from the Android Auto Spotify home screen, it will take between 30 seconds and 2 minutes for the list of playlists to appear. I have organized my playlists into about 17 folders, so it is this list of 17 items plus a few playlists I haven't put in a folder yet (because I can't do that with the Android mobile app, and because I don't have a convenient desktop) that takes this time to load. Then, when I select a folder, it takes ANOTHER 30 seconds to 2 minutes for the playlists in that folder to show. This is essentially unworkable in a car while driving.

I'd be happy to provide additional information if needed.

3 Replies

Hey @William321,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that this is happening with you app.

Having a large number of playlists and folder might slow down the performance of the app significantly based on your hardware and the internet connection quality.

As a workaround we'd suggest switching on Offline mode when your playlists are downloaded. This way they should be pre-loaded are navigating through your library should happen faster.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The lists of folders and playlists comes up in sub-second times on the phone app, even while driving (I live in a metro area where bandwidth is not an issue). It is only on the Android Auto car headunit that there is a delay. The problem, in other words, is the communication between the phone and the headunit via the USB cable -- just like the recently fixed defect referenced above.

Please convey the problem to a software engineer. He or she will understand.

Hi again @William321,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, did you try enabling the Offline Mode? Was there any difference?

Keep in mind that since you're using Android Auto, the app can behave differently than on your phone, and as previously mentioned, having a large number of playlists and folders can have an impact on the performance.

We hope this clears things up. We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Take care.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts