Premium

Country

USA 

Device

(Samsung Galaxy Note 5)

Operating System

(Android 7.0)

My Question:

Can you add an option menu to the Android auto gui, so that when I select a playlist from my library, my car plays the songs in a specific order (e.g. date added, artist, album, alphabetical). This option is in the android app; however, I can't select these preferences when I hook my phone up using Android auto. Android auto plays the playist in default order (no option to change the order in which it is played). I have a playlist that has a bunch of songs and would like it if I had the option to play the most recently added ones first.

7 Replies

Re: Android Auto Playlist Order

BananaNutMuffin

THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY, makes me not use it tbh

AndrewK
Casual Listener

Agree 100%! Huge disappointment and I barely use the app as a result.

nhawk

I agree, this option needs to be in Android Auto (or atleast to use the last used playlist order). FYI: one work around is to already open the playlist on your phone and sort it however you'd like, and perhaps select the first song to play. When you then open spotify on android auto, the playlist will be sorted how you set it. (But it won't last if you come back to the playlist another time - have to do this every time)

MassiveInc

Me also!  It also seems to happend when you ask Alexa to start playing a specific playlist too.  Very annoying.

215gz7po7svqwkg

Same problem here. I actually just activated Android Auto in my car (340€!!!) and created a premium family account with my brother, because i wanted to listen to my most recently discovered music. But if you have a playlist which is 100+ tracks long, it is simply not possible to listen to the new music you just discovered. There is neither a way to scroll backwards in playlist, nor a way to scroll down 100 tracks fastly.

This so so disappointing that i really regret buying it for my car und creating a spotify account.

Please fix this!

Best regards.

chillmaster
Casual Listener

So annoying!! Just got a car with android auto and was shocked to see that I can't sort my Playlist. 

Highlighted

chillmaster
Casual Listener
SUGGESTED POSTS