Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android Auto

I'd love to select an artist by alphabetical search, then see a list of albums by that artist..... able to select and then play the album (better yet, even select a song from said album). It is the most common natural way to find music you're looking for.  Simply selecting an artist and having a pseudorandom song of theirs start playing is annoying.  Please address this.  Others have suggested the same.  

3 Replies

This is a basic feature, why is it not there? If I want to listen artist that is not on my playlist there's no way to listen to it - unless you pick your phone while driving and do the search/playlist there... We absolutely need this!

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We understand where you're coming from and see how this can be useful. We recommend adding your idea to our Ideas board. Others can then vote for it and add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this Spotify Answer.

Your feedback is really important for us as it helps us to keep improving the app and the overall experience. You can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you have any questions or need anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I'd like to add my support for this - I can't find it on any streaming service.  It is in many mp3 players for playing from your local drive.

This is exactly what the "Album Artist" metadata is for, why can't we search by Album Artist?

Suggested posts