Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto Search

Android Auto Search

Hi everybody,

I just got a new car in which I can use Android Auto.
Spotify works great on it - but I can't see any option to actually search for music on Spotify.
I just can use saved playlists and radio channels.

Is this work as designed or a bug?
If the first one - does anybody know why?

Thanks!

3 Replies

Hello @harmod,

Spotify designed it like this. The reason behind it is that you will not be distracted trying to type in a search while driving. This was it is only simple clicks to get to a certain playlist or radio to listen to music and because it is only clicks you will not get as distracted on the wheel.
If you are not driving you can change the music on your phone directly.

Hope this helps.
Likes are appreciated.

If this is your solution please mark it as such.

Thanks for your answer!

While I understand the reason I really think this is pseudo security... If its not possible to really use spotify with Android Audio people will just go for the regular bluetooth option - and will type on the phone while driving which is even worse...

There is a good functioning speech search which would reduce the distraction to a minimum - IMHO this should be considered as compromis.
Google themselves are doing it like this BTW: As I learned today you have to use the speach input (like in "Okay Google") to set a new destination in google maps while driving.

Yeah that would be cool 🙂

Check out a post by the verge about Spotify's experimental voice control feature.

They are working on it now, for both Android and IOS

If this answers your question please mark it as a solution

Suggested posts