Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto / Spotify doesn't seem to be working at the moment. Update.

Android Auto / Spotify doesn't seem to be working at the moment. Update.

Hello! My Spotify App recently updated and ever since it keeps crashing my android auto. It is very frustrating as I only listen to music while driving. I have tried many things, as read in older posts (granting app permissions, restarting phone and head unit, reinstalling android auto and Spotify, etc...) Spotify only works when my phone screen is on. But if it's off and I press next song, it stops, and the message "Spotify doesn't seem to be working at this moment" pops up. And it only works if I turn my phone's screen on. I have tried the different screen settings on Android auto settings but no result. Everything works fine when Spotify is not "running". I wish I could revert to the older version of Spotify but it ain't possible, and it gets really frustrating. Please Spotify check the update in case there is something wrong. I have been wrapping my head around this and can't seem to get to a solution that makes Spotify work as always on Android auto.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Kevin.

1 Reply

I couldn't find the problem. I then simply proceeded to factory reset phone, that did it. Not an easy solution but at least with SD cards and cloud storage, I didn't lose any data.

Suggested posts