Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto - album tracks do not play in order

Android Auto - album tracks do not play in order

I recently purchased a VW equipped with Android Auto. I am a Spotify premium user.

Since scrolling is limited by design in Android Auto, you generally need to select songs and albums through voice search.

If I say "play the dark side of the moon album by Pink Floyd on Spotify", the system does a great job of pulling up the correct list of tracks.

However, the tracks do not play in the correct order. I have checked and the " shuffle" feature is turned off.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Is this a known issue with Android Auto?
30 Replies

I'm having the same issue also in a VW. It's very annoying especially on albums where one song is supposed to transition into the next. I wish there was a fix. I also have a google play music trial right now and don't think it does the same thing with it but will double check.

I have the same issue with Android Auto via bluetooth on a Nexus 5X running Android 7.1. It is very frustrating.

I have this problem too (VW Passat 2016, Samsung Galaxy S6). I can confirm it works perfectly in Google Play Music (albums do play in the correct order).

Same here on a Sony XAV-AX100 head unit. Workaround is to queue the album on my phone but that's even more distracting than queueing by voice

I haven't tested the voice command in a while but am assuming it still doesn't work but with one of the recent updates of Android Auto it added an alphabetization option when browsing albums in your library so that you can select an album much more easily now. When you go into your library and the list of albums there is a letter A in the top right, if you press that it brings up the alphabet and then you press the letter that album you want to listen to starts with and then it should be in there with the other albums that start with the same letter.

Seems like it has been fixed in 7.2.0. I'm a premium user and whenever I ask "play the dark side of the moon by pink floyd" I get the proper queue: "Speak To Me", "Breathe", "On The Run", "Time", "The Great Gig In The Sky"...

Yes! I can confirm that it indeed now works correctly with Spotify 7.2.x!

Thanks, Spotify! What took you so long?

Doesn't seem fixed to me. I haven't tried using my voice to queue up an album but I selected the artist Microwave this morning and it played the album I have in my library Stovall in the wrong order.

Edit: OK, so it works if I select an album, but that's ridiculous. Why would it assume that I want to shuffle an artist's work when I select the artist? It should play everything in order, just like it does in the app.

bafranksbro: I don't see that alphabetization option. Can you post a picture of what it looks like?

Not solved, problem still exists on Android 5.1.1 with Spotify 7.6.0.1219 and Android Auto 2.1.704903-release.

Weirdly it seemed solved for a while but recently I've had it not play some albums in the correct order. Some albums do play in the correct order and some not. I've even had it start to play in the wrong order and then ask it to play the same album again while it's already playing and the second time around it gets it right. Very weird behavior.

I've found out that when you start an album from your recently listened list it plays in correct order. When you play it via Google Voice it plays in correct order.

But when you play it from your library it plays in wrong order.

Could someone confirm?

I have the same issue, although I can't speak to playing an album via voice search. Whenever I select an album from my library via Android Auto (whether connected to my car, '16 VW Golf R, or not) it plays the tracks out of order. So incredibly frustrating. No one from Spotify support is helpful and you cannot actually talk to anyone. You to round and round with morons via email to no avail. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen.

I'm having this issue and is very annoying. I'm selecting the album from my library and it gets queued unordered. I hope someone fix this. I think it works by voice command but recently I've been using the menu because my phone is in spanish and it doesn't recognize names in english very well.

Voice command works for me too, but not when the album is selected by touch

I'm having same problem as well. Skoda Octavia with android auto built in. I've had a whole catelogue of problems with Spotify on android auto from this to songs playing with no sound. Spotify don't seem to know how to fix it.

Nor do they care. This is crazy.

I also suffer this problem (Skoda Rapid, built in Android Auto).

By selecting on the display the tracks play as they want and not by the original order.

Very annoying...

Suggested posts