Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto - Incomplete library

Android Auto - Incomplete library

When I connect Spotify to my car using Android Auto I cannot access my entire library. (USB) On car screen. In the search, half of the letters and all numbers are grayed out and don't function. I can still access my entire library on the phone app but if I play an artist that starts with one of grayed out letters there is no option to play, skip on car screen. I have cleared cache, reinstalled, removed and re-added access with Android Auto. Phone, Auto, Spotify, Car data is all up to date. I have disconnected my phone from my vehicle and cleared my phone and reconnected my phone. Also using a Bluetooth connection I cannot find the app on screen. But shows basic info. Band, song. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Or am I SOL?
8 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

France 

Device

OnePlus 9

Operating System

Android 12

Hello,

The list of visible artists on Android auto is limited. I can't see the artists from the letter R. Is there a limited number of tracked artists?

I still have this problem after cleaning the data from the Spotify application and Android auto.

I have all my artists when I check Spotify on my phone.

Have you observed this problem?

Cheers

My car is a 2022 chevy trax. 

IMG_20230111_180329317.jpg

Hi there @kkat280,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• The exact makes, models and OS/Firmware versions of all your affected devices
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.
  • When did this start happening?
  • Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Sorry mine was delayed.

Android Phone Moto G Power 2022 :

Version 11  

RZBS31. QZ-143-27-22

Spotify : 8.8.0.347

Android Auto : 8.5.625224-release

As for my cars Infotainment Center not sure about. It was purchased brand new and supposedly checked for updates before i brought it home. My phone is the only one so far that I've noticed this. Plugged through USB.  My fiance has an older phone using older android software and his seems to be fine. The only other phone is my son's and his is not compatible with android auto.  It seems that its only Spotify that works weird using this set up. I used another streaming service and that worked fine too. I did try adding music files to a thumbdrive and had all access there too.

Ill keep a close eye here so I dont delay. And if by chance you need all those build/versions # off my infotainment center ill grab a screenshot.

Thank you so much 

Hi there @kkat280,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try logging in with a different Spotify account on your phone and connecting to the car? This way we can check if the issue is related to your account, which might be the case.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan Premium

Country

USA

Device

SAMSUNG GALAXY S22+

Operating System

Android 13

Having the same exact issue for almost 2 years. My liked artist past P are greyed out in Android Auto.

This is an unfortunate limitation of the communication protocol between applications on Android. We cannot send too much data because it would cause the send to silently fail entirely and display 0 artists. Thus the limit is currently set at 350.

350 what? Albums, songs?

Suggested posts