Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android Auto] playlists not playing same song order as app

[Android Auto] playlists not playing same song order as app

I'm having an issue when using Spotify with Android auto. I have a "starred playlist" which contains songs that were added at random times. I have this list sorted on my phone and the desktop app with recently added on top. When I select this playlist in Android Auto, it starts playing the list from first added. I would like it to start playing in the same order I have on my phone. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I've been in contact with Spotify support, but they don't seem to know how to help.
5 Replies

I'm facing the same darn problem too.

The only work around is to create another list on the desktop applications and then copy the songs over. Note that the new list can't be of the same name as the original playlist regardless of lower or uppercase.

Proper solution for this issue, anyone??

Android Auto plays each playlist in its original, unsorted order. Unless it allows playlist sorting, the only option is to copy the sorted songs to a new playlist as you said, @Anexiole.

Is that an Android auto limitation or a Spotify one? If it's Spotify,
there should be a way to fix it. I'd expect the playlist to play as I have
it sorted on my phone, not the random order I added songs to it.

But I want a playlist sorted in a particular order on my mobile phone and a different order on my tablet. I really don't want spotify to sync my order across devices. Yes it is a limitation of android auto by the sound of it and you have a solution to that.

I had the same problem, I just closed the app turned wifi off then reopened it, finally I turned my phones wifi back on. Don't know if it will work for you but it worked for me

Suggested posts