Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto plays sound through the phone speakers

Android Auto plays sound through the phone speakers

I just bought a Volkswagen GTI 2016 with Android auto. 

The phone connects to Android auto and I can press play in Android auto and the song showing on the car display starts playing from the phone speakers. Bluetooth phonecalls work over the car speakers and I can play Spotify through Bluetooth media connection but the audio doesn't work with Android auto. 

I saw someone else here also had this problem but it went unanswered. 

Thoughts? 

Phone: Nexus 6 -  android version 6.0.1

8 Replies

If your question remains unanswered I would suggest investing in an AUX cord to transmit the audio data through you car speakers without the use of Bluetooth. It also saves your battery usage

Did you get any resolution to this? My new Touran with Sony Xperia 5 suffers the same issue. BeyondPod and phone calls play through the speakers, but Spotify only did for a couple of trips and then started only playing via phone's speakers.

Same problem for me with VW passat and xperia z5 compact. Any solution for this?

making sure Spotify is fully quit, ie not just minimised, and then started again after the Bluetooth connection is complete seems to sort things out.

Same issue, 2016 Sportwagen with Xperia Z5 Compact. Pandora / Google Play work fine but Spotify nearly always plays through the phone speaker. Is there any resolution to this?

I uninstalled android auto, reinstalled it and restarted both phone and car
and the issue went away. Hope this works.

I have also run into issues if Spotify notifications are turned off.

The issue disappeared for me when I installed new version of Android Auto. It does not happen anymore.

Cheers guys

@declxn This is exactly not what OP wants 😉

Suggested posts