Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Canada Issues

Android Canada Issues

I'm not sure if this is an issue with just Canadian users or not. I've paid for premium service, desktop client works fine but the android app switches back to free promting me to upgrade. I need to log out, shut the app down and re-open it, 50% chance that this fixes it.

Downloaded content is also not showing as downloaded after this happens even though the app is using a large amount of disk space. I'm assuming the cache or whatever is downloaded is still there but the app isn't registering it so it needs to be downloaded again.

4 Replies

Sorry for the inconvenience. Premium usually activates on accounts instantly.

There is currently a temporary problem with the server that is responsible for activating premium. This is probably why you are having problems with the app. Spotify is working on a fix.

Keep looking back on this forum for more information. This problem is being investigated and should be fixed as soon as possible. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply. The account is activated, on desktop or web player it's working fine. The problem is with the app. I just tested it a bit more and it seems if I go into offline mode and close the app, then open it again while I am not on wifi it does a couple things.

1. It wont allow me to log in, a promt shows up asking me to turn offline mode off. (not sure if that's supposed to be how it works or not)

2. When I do log back in, I see the "upgrade to premium" and the "offline" toggle is no longer there, I guess because it thinks I'm a free user.

3. Once I reconnect back to WIFI, it works as it should.

Basically as it is, it's not allowing me to use it as a premium user while not on WIFI.

Hmmm... that's really weird. I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem. It could be related to your Canadian account, but I'm not sure.

Have you tried contacting support about this:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I haven't yet but I will. Thanks for the help

Suggested posts