Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Connect] Samsung Note 5 Menu Display Doesn't Appear

Solved!

[Android][Connect] Samsung Note 5 Menu Display Doesn't Appear

I would realy like Spotify to fix an issue that I have with my new phone (Samsung Note 5), that didn't exist perviously in my old one (Iphone 4s). On my iphone I could control the music with back, pause, and forward on a small display on my lock/main screen. This was super convenient in the car because I didn't have to unlock, search for the app, change the song & so on to do a simple click that my old 4s could do. I'm sure it's a simple update to make, please give Note 5 users this feature! I am shocked it doesn't exist in newer phones

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @rjv323 and thanks for your contribution! I've moved your post to the Help forums, as you should be seeing lock screen controls. Please try these steps before we move forward:

1. Restart your phone.

2. Go to Settings > Sound & Notifications > App Notifications > Spotify > and make sure 'Block All' isn't checked.

Does that solve your issue?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @rjv323 and thanks for your contribution! I've moved your post to the Help forums, as you should be seeing lock screen controls. Please try these steps before we move forward:

1. Restart your phone.

2. Go to Settings > Sound & Notifications > App Notifications > Spotify > and make sure 'Block All' isn't checked.

Does that solve your issue?

OMG! You are amazing! I swear I didn't even do that or notice it to begin with. Thank you so very much I love the dashboard control! I should have figured it would be there somewhere.  I never have luck with forums so I apprecaite it very much blake, when I called Spotify they said, sorry that happened & were pretty much done with me lol. Now I just have to figure out how to get my Samsung Note 5 to automatically keep the 'media volume' on max when I plug in an aux. input cord to the headphone jack (for my car). Any ideas my savior??? 😄

Glad to hear that solved your issue! 🙂

As far as I know, there's no way to do that in Android - I've looked into doing the same thing for my car as well. 

Ahhh okay, well I did send an email to Samsung asking for their help with the issue, it's tedious to have to alter the volume level when you plug in the aux. input but thanks to you my dear friend, I got the more complicated issue solved 😄

❤️

RJ

Suggested posts