Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Developer] The new progress bar in pull down widget does not look right

[Android][Developer] The new progress bar in pull down widget does not look right

To start: I am a UI developer, I am not trying to be inappropriate, I am just genuinely bothered by this design choice.

A few weeks ago I started noticing a change in the pull down bar Spotify widget on my Android phone. When the song is playing, the progress bar moves up and down like a wave. Combined with the draggable circle, it looks like a small swimming sperm and it really creeps me out. I can't unsee it, and I can't be the only person bothered by this. 

Thank you.

3 Replies

Hey @ahh111,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like to gather more info about the behavior mentioned. In this case, can you send us a video recording of what you are seeing on your side? You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

On another note, can you send us the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you have running?

Lastly, we'd like to share with you our Idea Exchange Guidelines. When you post an idea, it's important to make sure it's clear, since we need as many details as possible on what you'd like to be implemented on the app. It’s also easier for us to share updates and talk to the right teams at Spotify when having detailed info. Ideas without enough relevant details will be closed.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi - thanks for getting back to me. I have a Google Pixel 4A (Android OS) and I'm running Spotify version 8.7.78.272
My issue is with the look of the progress bar in the Spotify widget that shows up while music is playing when I drag my top menu down. I've circled it in blue in the attached video. 

Hey there @ahh111,

Thanks for getting back to us and for uploading this video 🙂 This really helped us realize the situation you're facing.

As UI developer you've probably opted for the beta programs for your OS and selected apps. This new change in appearance seems to come along with the new Android 13 beta and not from Spotify. This isn't a new design of our widget, but Google has introduced a change in the UI of their built-in media player that appears in the notification area and lock screen of the latest Android 13 experience.  More info on this you can read here

Feel free to reach out to Google and send your feedback about the UI to them directly. You can probably try disable the built in media player, or opt out from their beta program as well if this look doesn't appeal to you at the moment.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts