Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Facebook Login broken

Android Facebook Login broken

I had to relogin to my Spotify app today. I selected the Login via Facebook option. I Tapped on the username and password fields, but the keyboard doesn't show up. I was able to eventually get my username in by copy and pasting, but I can't do that for the password. The cursor point shows, but no keyboard.

I tried restarting my phone but that didn't fix it. On a Droid Maxx.
14 Replies

I'm a bit confused. If you hit the blue "log in with facebook" button, doesn't it log you in automatically with your facebook credentials? You did tap "log in" on the first screen? Do you have the latest facebook app installed and you can log into that without any problem?

I tapped login in the spotify app. It takes me to the Facebook webpage but I'm unable to enter in my facebook email and password into the text boxes because the keyboard doesn't show

I have the latest versions of Facebook and spotify

If I open chrome and go to the Facebook website, I can login to Facebook fine

I am having the same problem, logged into Facebook in the app and internet fine, but can't log in on the Spotify app, tried restarting, re-installing Spotify and Facebook apps, still nothing. A bit crap seeing as it renders your Spotify subscription useless.

I found a solution that bypasses facebook, if you click on the "forgot your password?" Link on the main spotify app login page it will take you to the Spotify web page in your browser, there you should be able log in ok and click "set a password for your devices". Follow the instructions and you will have login details for Spotify. There is a link below for the password set up
https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/set-device-password/

@bryanmarty The fact that you can log into facebook using chrome doesn't help. Can you open the facebook app on your device and log into facebook using that?

@SMurphy Yes, the device password will work but it's not ideal. There have been a few reports of facebook issues in the last 24 hours - users are seeing their 10 digit username and not their facebook profile so this may be connected. Did you make sure your facebook app was up to date?

Yes everything up to date, it's working with device password for now, so at least I can listen to music even if it's only a workaround.

@Joe when I said I could login via chrome, I was referring to Chrome on android. I have no problem logging into Facebook on my android using chrome or the Facebook app. The problem is when I try to login to Facebook when I click the login via Facebook button in spotify

There were some backround issues affecting some folk with accounts linked to facebook but I think these may be resolved now. I specifically asked about the facebook app as the spotify login works off that. Could you try reinstalling spotify and try to login again please. Let me know what happens.

I have the same issue.  I've reinstalled both Apps.  When go to the Spotify App it wants me to login using my user name or Facebook.  When I click on the Facebook option there is no way for me to type in my email/password.  If you press on the fields nothing registers.  This happened Saturday for me (I had been logged in fine for months).  I'm also on an Android (Samsung Galaxy) phone.

I'm having this exact same issue, I've been logged in to spotify on this device for months but I had to reset my facebook password which has meant that I was automatically logged out of spotify on my android phone.

I open spotify - click log in with facebook - click on either the "Email or Phone" or "Password" fields and nothing happens.

I don't get any keyboard come up, I've tried defaulting to either the samsung keyboard or the google keyboard, no difference.

I'm logged in to spotify and facebook on several other devices, this is the only device I'm having issue with and it seems to be entirely to do with the keyboard coming up on the facebook login page that spotify is defaulting to.

I've tried restarting the phone, reinstalling spotify, clearing all the spotify cache, reinstalling the google keyboard app - nothing works.

Does anyone have a fix? I need spotify for an event I'm hosting on Thursday.

Cheers

Can you try logging in as a 'New User' and enter your facebook details? This was a bug a while back... may still be occuring. On another thought, try rotating the display to landscape and see if you now have the option to enter your user details. Another thing to try would be a different keyboard such as SwiftKey.

Also, if this doesn't work I'd suggest revoking Spotify permissions from within Facebook (online). Then try logging in on the app again

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts