[Android] Home page of Spotify turned into vertical view on Android

[Android] Home page of Spotify turned into vertical view on Android

Alex

Hey folks,

We've received reports that the Home Screen on the app where tabs like "Jump back in" "More Like", "Popular new release", "Recommended for you", etc which can be scrolled sideways (horizontal) are now displayed vertically on Android devices. This is being investigated.

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
69 Replies

GSYC
Music Fan

Didn't work for me 😞

Doubleb
Casual Listener

It's not working.. Updated the latest version.. The problem seems to be on the Andriod app self premium account.. I tried logging in from different Andriod sets.. But it all same.. Nothing works..its not a fault from the device.. The home page looks silly.. With no proper recommends or podcasts.. If this keeps on going I will not go for a premium account again.. 

ADopedUpWalris
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 4a5g

Operating System

Android 11 Build RQ2A.210505.003

My Question or Issue

Recently my home screen updated at random to a version with large, single suggestion tiles instead of categories with side scrolling options. Clean installs and reverting to older versions did not solve this.

Since my other free account does not have this issue I'm assuming its either a bug related to the account or an account based test feature. I'm leaning towards account based bug because this UI change makes the home screen so unusable that I just can't believe it passed into testing territory. But I've been wrong before.

194953405_516351579564206_1782837684726846134_n.png

Stéphanie
Casual Listener

I have the same problem since this morning! I found another thread from three weeks ago, they said it's probably a test that we unfortunately were chosen for.. I hope it won't last long cause it really sucks, don't know what **bleep** thought this was a good idea?! 

Stéphanie
Casual Listener

Hijacking your post..

I have the same problem since this morning, I've been scrolling through this forum for an hour and found multiple posts with the same complaint for the last two months.. Seems it IS a test! I can't believe they are still pushing this awful UI when there are so many complaints about it. There's nothing we can do but wait till the test is over, could be a month..

I'm really **bleep** off, that's not what I pay for!! 

TSFBleach
Casual Listener

I just did a clean reinstall on all of my devices, doing the steps listed for android about clearing all data first as well, and redownloaded it on everything, I signed into my phone first and it was back to normal, hopes this helps anyone

Fasteddie666
Casual Listener

Same here.  Totally frustrating experience on both of my Android devices.

Meldanorama
Casual Listener

Ah well, I've disconnect my card, going to change to another app. Thanks for the reply.

Doubleb
Casual Listener

I did the clean reinstalling many times.. But it didn't work.. But logging on from a different account to my installed software works, but when I log on to my main account in the installed software it's all vertical again.. I doubt it has something to do with the premium account..one more thing I have noticed that the profile pic of my account in this thread is not what I have uploaded.. Are any of you guys facing the same situation with the profile pic here? 

Padmisx

Glad someone else noticed. It used to be like Netflix, where there's a bar to scroll through options in a category. All of that is gone now and it looks awful. 

Dac1984
Regular

Absolutely hate this update. I thought there was a fault with the app. It's just an endless scroll of irrelevance. One item per heading 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 I can't even view recently played anymore. I've usually gotten used to the changes made and quite liked the previous home screen after a couple of weeks but THIS, this is a potential cause for me getting rid of Spotify.

Dac1984
Regular

Screenshot_20210612-145618.png

Eni

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app that other users don't, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period.

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

Hope this helps clear things up. If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Alex

Hey folks,

We've received reports that the Home Screen on the app where tabs like "Jump back in" "More Like", "Popular new release", "Recommended for you", etc which can be scrolled sideways (horizontal) are now displayed vertically on Android devices. This is being investigated.

It would be great if you can provide us with the following info:

• Country on your Account
  • Device and OS version
  • Exact Spotify app version

This would greatly help the team in their investigation.

Cheers!

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

venicehoax

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue

• device and OS version: Honor 9, Android 9 
  • Spotify app version 8.6.34.749

I'm also having trouble in making Spotify sessions and the discography of the artists isn't divided in singles/albums etc. but it's all mixed up

Vanyac95

Hi, 

I have been facing the same issue since a few days.

Plan: Premium

Device: Samsung galaxy M51

App version: 8.6.34.749

This is totally not done..kindly fix this update asap. Thanks.

ThumbRedGuy
Visitor

@kevoz 

Having same issue and it is f#&%!ng annoying as **bleep**

AeroZ
Composer

Why turn this into an ongoing issue if it's a test?

Fasteddie666
Casual Listener

Another frustrated Spotify premium user here.  I have reported this through Spotifycares kn Twitter and have the same response of this is testing!

It's really not good enough.  You can see from the comments here that its very unpopular.  I normally love Spotify and use it daily.  Please listen to your user base.

Pixel 5

Android 11

Spotify 8634749

Fasteddie666
Casual Listener

Just had my settings sorted out.  I'd advise contacting @@spotifycares on Twitter!!

SUGGESTED POSTS