[Android] Home page of Spotify turned into vertical view on Android

[Android] Home page of Spotify turned into vertical view on Android

Alex

Hey folks,

We've received reports that the Home Screen on the app where tabs like "Jump back in" "More Like", "Popular new release", "Recommended for you", etc which can be scrolled sideways (horizontal) are now displayed vertically on Android devices. This is being investigated.

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
73 Replies

Dac1984
Regular

This is horrendous. Its become almost unusable.

Country - England

Device - Nokia 3.2

OS - Android 11

Spotify App Version - 8 6 34 749

Dac1984
Regular

Urgh, it's changed again! Obviously they are meddling with it so why not just put it back to how it was?! They have put the text at the side. I just want the sideways scroll back!

Screenshot_20210614-235256.png

Doubleb
Casual Listener

Lol.. Luckily this spotify account of mine was a cheap one month prepaid premium account ..i just created a new account and got another one month cheap prepaid plan again..now I see, there was a pop up about adding new features and be the first one to experience..so if it's a test , you guys should have let us known , few of the guys have been scrolling here since one week..and also too add - there was an update for Andriod web viewer from play store which took down my chrome as well.. At one instant I thought that the error in spotify had to do something with that.. 

Alohr

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 11

The issue just started this week for me. I have tried logging out and reinstalling, no changes. If this actually is some new feature test, for what it's worth I think it is a terrible change. I went from using the Home page all the time to not at all.

Dac1984
Regular

Which streaming service is closest to Spotify in being user friendly? I can't put up with this bill of a home screen any longer

sadag1201

Country - INDIA

Device - Realme X2 PRO 

OS - Realme UI (RMX1931EX_11_C.37) (Android 10)

Spotify version - 8.6.34.749

tomherman2
Visitor

Country

Belgium

Device

OnePlus 3T

OS

OxygenOS 5.0.8 (Android 8.0.0)

Spotify app version

Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

This is still in testing. We can confirm that we've passed along all of your feedback to the right team.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

StevenTillson02
Regular

I want suggested music, recently played, and my podcasts back in a linear and horizontally ordered manner. This one way scroll is absolutely atrocious and I'm going to be considering taking my money elsewhere. I assume the developers at Spotify just don't care about the consumer at this point. Utterly awful.

noorpari76
Visitor

A subsequent clean reinstall with both my telephone and pc made a difference! I suppose one needs to sign into the record firat on the gadget, and afterward on the PC. It feels so incredible to have an appropriately working mainscreen once more!

unionwell portugal 

EkaterinaAn

Country

Russia

Device

OnePlus 3T

OS

OxygenOS 9.0.6 (Android 9.0)

Spotify app version

The same problem! Turn back a normal home screen!
I don’t pay money to be tested on me. If you want to test any functionality, warn users about this in UI of the app, and let them return to old. (Do you seriously think that displaying playlists like this might be a good solution? Are you okay?)
I tryed delete and reinstall app, the same.
I tried to switch to a different account - and this problem went away as soon as I go back to my account - that horrible home screen comes back.

Screenshot_20211005-105621.jpg

Mario

Hey @EkaterinaAn,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

We have let the folks in the developer teams know.

While we wait for updates, we recommend installing the most recent version of the Spotify app for all the latest updates and fixes. If your app is already up-to-date, you can try to log in and log out two times in a row, as this resets the app and forces it to resynchronize with your account.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Jak7874
Casual Listener

It's unbelievable that this is still an issue. 

This layout has been in testing for months now, when it should take no more than 20 seconds to realise it's terrible.

The old layout was able to display much more information - every Friday I was able to open Spotify and scroll through my "new releases for you" section. Now I see one result at a time and it occasionally changes after a while. 

This is unacceptable. 

pelle513

I want my old screen back right now!!!

SUGGESTED POSTS