[Android] Home page of Spotify turned into vertical view on Android

[Android] Home page of Spotify turned into vertical view on Android

Alex

Hey folks,

We've received reports that the Home Screen on the app where tabs like "Jump back in" "More Like", "Popular new release", "Recommended for you", etc which can be scrolled sideways (horizontal) are now displayed vertically on Android devices. This is being investigated.

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
67 Replies

Jeremy

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

This is still in testing. We can confirm that we've passed along all of your feedback to the right team.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care 🙂 

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

KingCaesar001
Visitor

Just hopped on Spotify not two hours ago and noticed that the UI is drastically different in an extremely negative way. I don't pay this amount of money every month to not be able to easily access what I want to listen to and what I have listened to. The giant boxes with random playlists is wholly unnecessary. I want suggested music, recently played, and my podcasts back in a linear and horizontally ordered manner. This one way scroll is absolutely atrocious and I'm going to be considering taking my money elsewhere. I assume the developers at Spotify just don't care about the consumer at this point. Utterly awful.

Micromanxd
Visitor

Absolutely agree this update has made the front page completely unusable

tomherman2
Visitor

Country

Belgium

Device

OnePlus 3T

OS

OxygenOS 5.0.8 (Android 8.0.0)

Spotify app version

sadag1201

Country - INDIA

Device - Realme X2 PRO 

OS - Realme UI (RMX1931EX_11_C.37) (Android 10)

Spotify version - 8.6.34.749

Dac1984
Regular

Which streaming service is closest to Spotify in being user friendly? I can't put up with this bill of a home screen any longer

Alohr

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 11

The issue just started this week for me. I have tried logging out and reinstalling, no changes. If this actually is some new feature test, for what it's worth I think it is a terrible change. I went from using the Home page all the time to not at all.

Doubleb
Casual Listener

Lol.. Luckily this spotify account of mine was a cheap one month prepaid premium account ..i just created a new account and got another one month cheap prepaid plan again..now I see, there was a pop up about adding new features and be the first one to experience..so if it's a test , you guys should have let us known , few of the guys have been scrolling here since one week..and also too add - there was an update for Andriod web viewer from play store which took down my chrome as well.. At one instant I thought that the error in spotify had to do something with that.. 

GSYC
Music Fan

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore 

Device

Samsung Galaxy A51

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

My home page showing recently played, based on your recent activity HORIZONTALLY, is now showing VERTICALLY. PLEASE HELP. I already uninstalled the app, even checked for updates. Nothing.

Screenshot_20210608-115211_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210608-114447_Spotify.jpg

Doubleb
Casual Listener

I did the clean reinstalling many times.. But it didn't work.. But logging on from a different account to my installed software works, but when I log on to my main account in the installed software it's all vertical again.. I doubt it has something to do with the premium account..one more thing I have noticed that the profile pic of my account in this thread is not what I have uploaded.. Are any of you guys facing the same situation with the profile pic here? 

TSFBleach
Casual Listener

I just did a clean reinstall on all of my devices, doing the steps listed for android about clearing all data first as well, and redownloaded it on everything, I signed into my phone first and it was back to normal, hopes this helps anyone

Doubleb
Casual Listener

It's not working.. Updated the latest version.. The problem seems to be on the Andriod app self premium account.. I tried logging in from different Andriod sets.. But it all same.. Nothing works..its not a fault from the device.. The home page looks silly.. With no proper recommends or podcasts.. If this keeps on going I will not go for a premium account again.. 

GSYC
Music Fan

Didn't work for me 😞

Mazalex
Regular

Eyyyy! A second clean reinstall with both my phone and pc did help! I guess one has to log into the account firat on the device, and then on the PC. It feels so great to have a properly working mainscreen again!

Doubleb
Casual Listener

I am facing the same problem.. 

Device -android 8.1.0

Plan - premium (individual) 

Country -india 

Mazalex
Regular

@Jeremy 

Device name: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Android version: Android 11

Spotify version: 8.6.32.925

Jun 8 2021, was totally fine in the morning and got into this view by the evening

Russia

Mazalex
Regular

The clean reinstall also didn't work. Removed the app both from android and PC. Rebooting device did not help either. I'm glad that I'm at least not the only one with this problem... Might it be an a/b testing? Hopefully this will never be implemented, looks like something you'd design for a smartwatch...

GSYC
Music Fan

@Jeremy 

Device name: Samsung Galaxy A51

Android version: Android 11

Spotify version: 8.6.32.925

Jun 8 2021, 10-11am

Singapore

Jeremy

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here.

If after that you’re still having trouble with this, could you provide us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • when this started to happen
  • country

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

GSYC
Music Fan

This was the conversation we had I only screenshotted the end part.

Screenshot_20210609-055733_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210609-055401_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210609-054112_Samsung Internet.jpg
SUGGESTED POSTS