Android - Local files from desktop not syncing on phone

Plan

Premium

Device

Windows 10 desktop and Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System

Windows 10 and Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

I uploaded some local files and made a playlist. This worked fine on my phone and PC until a few weeks ago when Spotify suddenly erased everything off my phone. It did re-sync once and was ok but just recently it has disappeared again.

I can't figure out how to get these local file playlists available on my phone again. All other playlists sync with no issues.

I have tried several things including removing the device from my offline devices, uninstalling then reinstalling Spotify and it doesn't work.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No worries!

In this case, I suggest making sure the files meet the requirements under "Some of my local files won’t import/play" section of this support page.

If they do meet the requirements, try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Reinstalling the app on both your phone and desktop/laptop
  • Syncing your local files to your phone using a different internet connection.
  • Creating a new playlist with your local files and syncing it instead.
  • Turn off any firewall or antivirus that could be interfering with the syncing process before trying again.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @Spotyply.

Just to confirm, are only the local files disappearing from your phone, or all the downloaded playlists to use Offline?

In case all your downloaded music along with your local files are disappearing, I suggest checking the "Downloads unexpectedly removed" section of this support page.

All the best.

Hi Alfredo

Thanks for the reply. It is only the locally added songs that aren't syncing on my phone so that page doesn't solve my issue.

Marked as solution

No worries!

In this case, I suggest making sure the files meet the requirements under "Some of my local files won’t import/play" section of this support page.

If they do meet the requirements, try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Reinstalling the app on both your phone and desktop/laptop
  • Syncing your local files to your phone using a different internet connection.
  • Creating a new playlist with your local files and syncing it instead.
  • Turn off any firewall or antivirus that could be interfering with the syncing process before trying again.

All the best.

Thanks, Alfredo. It works again. I think it may have been after re-installing Spotify on my computer for the second time since I've had this issue.

Awesome!

We're glad to hear it's working now.

If anything else comes up, feel free to open a new thread.

All the best.

Just a quick observation when I was troubleshooting. I tried all the suggestions without success. I then did the following

1) created hotspot on my laptopsl and connected my Android device. 

2) I noticed that the files that were not syncing were inside numerous folders. I moved these files to a simpler folder structure 

Sync finally worked. 

Suggested posts