Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Music] Pause music when listening to WhatsApp Voice Message on an Android Device

[Android][Music] Pause music when listening to WhatsApp Voice Message on an Android Device

Hello everyone,

I've come to notice that when listening to music (regardless of whether it's directly on my phone or on a bluetooth device) and then switching to WhatsApp to listen to a voice message, the volume of the music decreases. 

Usually I'd have no problem with that, but it becomes a problem once I'm in the car. Modern Car Radios / Media Centres don't differentiate between music and speech messages all to well - thus the music makes it very hard to make out what people are saying.

I've asked a friend who's using an iOS system to recreate the problem and guess what? Spotify completely holds the music until the message is over and then continues to play.

I'd love to see the same happening on Android Phones as well.

FYI, here's my phones information:

Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Android: 9
Spotify:8.5.13.637

Thank you for reading!

2 Replies

Tried to post this as an idea and it wouldn't let me. Agree. I just need the music to pause temporarily while playing a whatsapp voicenote. If it does it for recordings or phonecalls, why do I have to do it manually to listen to one. It's so, so, so aggravating. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

We appreciate the time you've taken to report this behavior. We've forwarded the info to the relevant team for further review, however please note that we can't confirm if or when it will be addressed. In the meantime, make sure to keep your app up-to-date.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts