Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy A70

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I use the Playlist Folders a lot just to organize my different playlists for easier access. I create the folders on the Windows 10 App on my PC and theses folders are showing up inside the Android-App. 

The folders are showing the correct number of playlists inside them in preview, but when entered just a few playlists appear. It seems like that any downloaded playlist will not show inside of any given folder, while all not fully downloaded playlists will show up and are accesible.

When im searching directly for any downloaded playlist it shows up and is accesible and can play music, so there seems to be no problem with the playlist itself.

This happens both with my own playlist, but also with official playlists published by Spotify (e.g. RapCaviar).

Added some Pictures for proof. One from the desktop app and to from inside the android app.

Is this a thing with other users? Im grateful for any help.

- Kai

MyMusic_DesktopWin10.png
SpotifyPlaylistfolder_inside_Android.jpg
SpotifyPlaylistfolder_preview_Android.jpg
6 Replies

I have the same Problem, my downloaded playlist won't show up. They are in folders and I also have an android and since the new update it stopped working. I redownloaded the app and cleared my cache and tried everything, but nothing seems to work. The playlists are there, just outside of reach

Screenshot_20210603-141852_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20210603-141859_Spotify.jpg

Having same issue, the Home will show a playlist as recently played (only way I can access them) the folder will say it has x amount of playlists, but inside are only the ones not downloaded

Screenshot_20210603-234117_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20210603-234156_Spotify.jpg

Same issue here, downloaded playlists don't appear within folders.

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We suggest keeping the app updated to its latest version to ensure optimal performance. It's well worth running a clean reinstall by following these specific steps. 

If this doesn't make any difference, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Quick follow up from my side:

i changed my device to a Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite (same spotify account and plan, MiUi 12.0.4 Stable / Android 11 RKQ1.200826) just a few minutes ago. I previously resettet the Mi 11 Lite to its factory settings an deleted a lot of bloatware via USB.

So far it seems that downloaded playlists are showing up and are easily accesible, so no error so far.
Could be because of the 100% clean install or the newer device (although both devices are running on Android 11) 

Hopefully this is helpful, im glad that a clean install could "solve" my problem. This is not a solution to anyone of course...

@Eni a Question regarding the reinstall metioned above:
Is it possible to reinstall the app without having to download all of the downloaded music again? 

- Kai

Hey @Cav3meister,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Glad to hear it worked out and the app is behaving as expected.

If you run a reinstall, it's necessary to download the music again in order for the app to synchronize correctly.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts