Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Playlists] App no longer organizes info alphabetically. Now done chronologically?

[Android][Playlists] App no longer organizes info alphabetically. Now done chronologically?

My entire library was playlists and folders organized alphabetically (like, say, a record store). A recent update made the playlists and folders organize chronologically (while desktop remains alphabetically). i.e., the last list or folder accessed or modified shows up on top (I think). I was on phone 7.15.19 for 45 minutes around noon with Jessica B. before someone could tell me that. She was diligent in searching this out it seemed. The app worked fine! Now I no longer have a quick access organized app. I have to search out things. The desktop is still fine. Community suggestions suggested just putting desktop in desired order and phone would sync. Not! If you're looking for an album, do you look through the latest albums to come in? No, you check alphabetically I imagine. Please please look into this. Thank you.   (attached are screenshots of app. Desktop is correct order

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
1 Reply

Hey there @grtfldale,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

We've moved your thread from the Ideas Exchange to our Help Boards since it's already possible to sort the playlists in Your Library alphabetically or by custom order to mirror how they're sorted in the desktop app.

There's more information about this in this support site article. You can also find more tips about the new Your Library look in this Spotify Answer.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts