Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Playlists] Download Dissapearing/App Resetting

[Android][Playlists] Download Dissapearing/App Resetting

Every now and then my Spotify seems to reset itself. It erases all playlists and defaults back to saving to my phone's memory, as opposed to my SD card. It then tries to download all my playlists again, but to my phone's memory. I have to turn off data, switch to SD card memory, then turn the data back on and download them all again. This can take a long time and a lot of data. But I have no home internet connection so it's my only option. Never mind the inconvenience of having to wait for everything to download again. It had happened to me on my current phone and my previous phone. If it keeps happening I am afraid I will have to delete Spotify as I'm not getting the service I paid for, and then return to other ways of consuming music.

4 Replies

I have similar issues. 
I also notice that no answer on you post. 
What android do you have ? 

I have Galaxy A70

Hey folks!

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried to perform a clean reinstall? A lot of common issues could be fixed with this. Could you also send over you device's make, model, exact OS version and Spotify version?

@DaneScott, you'll also find more info on how to download your music to your SD card in this article.

@Micke81an, could you give us more info about what's going on? If you're also having trouble with your SD card, we suggest taking a look at the article above.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello 

I put my playlists in offline mode and all goes well and that´s fine, but for some reason some times two weeks later or one month later the playlists are no longer in offline mode. 
And then I haven´t done anything with it. So I don´t know if it the app or my SD-Card. 

My phone:
Galaxy A70
Android version 10 
One UI version 2,5
Spotify version: 8.5.85.894 from 16 of november

Hi @Micke81an,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to clarify, is the storage in your app switching from internal memory to SD card? Could you let us know if this issue is still happening after the reinstall?

On the other hand, we'd recommend making sure that you're not using any cache clearing / battery saving apps, as this could cause issues with your offline cache and affect your downloads.

And one last thing - to keep your offline files you need to go online at least once every 30 days, so Spotify can check your Premium’s still active and count plays to compensate artists.

Let us know how it goes.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts