Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Playlists] Remember Playlist scroll position

[Android][Playlists] Remember Playlist scroll position

Currently for playlists I have created myself, the scroll position is reset to the top if you leave the playlist screen and return to it, ie. viewing play queue, or switch to another app. This doesn't happen when playing music from an Artist or Album.

I propose remembering the last scroll position for the currently playing list.

Thanks

20 Replies

I tweeted Spotify cares on twitter with the same suggestion and they told me to post it here, but looks like someone already noticed it too!

Spotify has told other users that this is a feature, not a bug. Well, here we are giving them constructive Feedback: DELETE, EXCLUDE, KILL THIS FEATURE. Never ever again make any list scroll back to the top while the app is open or minimized. It should work just like iPod. You are on a playlist, leave it to see something else and when you get back to the playlist it is still displaying the same track it was when you left. 

There is nothing to add to this. 

Updated: 2015-10-26

Marked as new idea.

It's a douchemove to implement something like this new "feature" without even making it a option in the settings. So annoying to scroll down every time. I seriously hope they see and heed this suggestion.

I really hope this is resolved soon, as it has been extremely annoying while changing songs. Some of my playlists have 400 songs and all of the new ones get added to the bottom of the playlist, which I have to scroll to the bottom if I want to play those specific songs, every single time I want to change the song to something that may not be in the queue.

You beat me to it!  As a paying customer this "feature" really pisses me off.  I want to turn it off but it's not even an option.  In a playlist of 500 songs it takes forever to find where I was each time I turn my screen off or do anything else on my phone.  FIX THIS SPOTIFY or I'll be going back to the free version!

I have several playlists with 400+ songs that I listen to daily. This is a **bleep**ing pain bull**bleep** feature. Atleast give us an option to turn it off! Running latest update on Spotify and Android marshmallow.

Super annoying 😕

Please put it back the way it was. So that when I return to the app (and the playlist) it will show the same position and not jump back. Playlists can be quite long.

This is beyond ridicilous, I cannot fathom how any self-respecting developer would think this odd and inconsistent UI behaviour would be a good idea, and at that have the audacity to not even make it optional. In fact, this is so annoying that if it is not addressed any time soon I will cancel my half-decade long subscription and never look back.

Thanks to everyone for their support on this "new" feature.

@blake : when do you think this will be added into a release?

Hi @jerrawa, I can't really offer any insight there, as I'm not privy to that sort of information: I just help out on the forums by moderating the Ideas. I can say that this idea has quickly grown in popularity, so once it's reached 100 kudos, staff will be in here to give a response. 🙂

This is not a feature. I wonder who thought of this lovely new idea. Its just annoying. I thought my app/phone had a problem and not that it is intended. If they really think some people need it, make it a changeable setting. Or just remove this horror 😄

This is important. I would also add to this that it would be awesome if playlist remembered the last song I played from it. I frequently listen to 500+ song playlists and it is pain to try to find the song I was listening last. The only way I have found to do it is to actually write it down the last song onto a piece of paper...

This is fixed for me in spotify version 4.1.0.868 on a galaxy note 3. Is it working again for anyone else?

I wonder what kind of **bleep**tard that imagined someone would like this kind of "feature", really

Hey folks, this was posted in our Ideas Board but it needed to be moved to Help as it was more an issue report. 

This should now be fixed, please let us know if you're still experiencing this on the latest version of our Spotify Android app. Thanks!

Hi Merideth

I was specifically told by Julie from Spotify support that this should be posted as an new feature.

ref:_00DD0pxIW._5005713au32:ref 

Thanks for getting back to us.

Actually, what's happening is normal, but it sounds like a great idea.

We’ll be sure to pass your suggestion onto the right folks here at Spotify.

If you think this is also something other Spotify customers would think is a good idea, be sure to add it to our ideas board. Those who also support your idea can then vote on it or add to the conversation.

We’ll keep everyone updated on the status of your idea.

Any other questions, we're an email away.

Have a nice day!

Julie

Also thank you for noticing and finally moving it to the Help section. I will test and see if it has been fixed.

I use the last version of Spotify. It is still affected by  the playlist position reset bug. How can I fix this incredibly time consuming pest? I'm a premium subscriber, on a Galaxy S7 with Android 7.0 fully updated.

If Spotify considers it as a bug and prefers to not prioritize it, it's perfectly understandable BUT if they say it is a “feature” they are kidding with their customers. Just somebody gives me a reason to implement this “feature”. What is the advantage of having to scroll down each time when you open your active playlist?

Suggested posts