Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Please reduce or remove the splash screens

[Android] Please reduce or remove the splash screens

Every single time I open the Spotify app on my Pixel 2 XL, I get some sort of splash screen (some might call it a full screen notification) that tells me to check out some feature or artist or podcast. This even happens at times when I return to the app after listening for an hour or so.

Please stop this. Adding an extra thing to interact with when I want to select a new playlist is ridiculous and absolutely unnecessary. The one that gets under my skin the most is the one telling me about my Premium Family account. I have given access to everyone in my house already, so why do I keep getting this message.

Spotify, I am paying you already. Now get out of my way so I can use your service.

7 Replies

Hey there @willd4

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community! No worries - We're here to help 🙂

Could you make sure that you have all in-app notifications turned off as described here and check if you're still getting unwanted recommendations after that.

In case you're still having trouble with this, it'd be great if you can send over some screenshots so we can see how things look like on your end.

Cheers - We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Xenia, I wanted to wait a couple of days to respond to see if the Spotify app continued this behavior. A new update came through yesterday - is there any chance it was addressed there? I ask because I didn't touch any notification settings as you suggested, but the splash screens aren't nearly as intrusive as they once were.

Anyhow, thanks for your help. Everything looks fine to me now.

I'm having this issue. I have deselected all notifications and still I get giant messages when I'm starting the app. Screenshots attached. I hate it. I just want to listen to music. Nothing else. 

IMG_7433.PNG
IMG_7432.PNG

Hey @henkebarn,

Thanks for the post.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling and that you're running the latest app version.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I agree with this. I use Spotify on an Android Car head unit, and the splash screen causes unnecessary inconvenience when getting the app started. I am a premium customer, so I expect not to see 'recommendations' that I need to manually dismiss. You offer push and email notifications so there is no need for these recommendations or other irrelevent useless ads. Let me get straight to the home screen.

This is driving me nuts!
I went to the notification settings to look for this specifically and now I'm getting these splash messages all the time to go back to the notification settings.

I don't want notifications whatsoever! Just a good ol' music player!

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies in this thread. 

We understand what you're suggesting, an we'd like you to know we hear you. Another user had a similar idea, so they posted on our Idea boards about it here. Even though the status is set as Case Closed, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to it to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts