Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

While listening to podcasts on Spotify, my app will pause episodes every 10 minutes (give or take 30 seconds). It doesn't do it 100% of the time, but it's as likely to happen on a given day as not. This is regardless of if I am streaming or listening to a downloaded episode, whether the only thing my phone is doing is playing Spotify or if I am on another app as well, if I'm on wifi or data, hot or cold, full batery or low. It doesn't matter if I restart my app or the phone or anything, it just decides to stop playing my podcasts every 10 minutes. I have turned off the power saver on my phone, which seemed to help the first time, but it still does it and the power saver still claims to be off. 

1 Reply

Hello @KiaStirling!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. No worries though, I'll be happy to help.

I'd recommend reading this post since it solved the issue for many users. Maybe you could find the answer there.

If you still can't solve it is recommend heading here: https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/ and click 'remove all'.
This will mean you'll need to re-download your offline tunes, but it may help.

If none of this works, I'd recommend following this steps:

• Check the Lockscreen settings on the phone and ensure that Spotify playback is enabled.
  • Confirm that you tried with mobile data as well.
  • Disable any Cache-clearing apps you might have.
  • Temporarily disable Memory Optimization in the Developer Options to see if it helps.

Hope this helps and have a nice day, Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts