Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android - SE Xperia S LT26i, Windows 7 64bit - Premium Account, Latest updates.

Android - SE Xperia S LT26i, Windows 7 64bit - Premium Account, Latest updates.

Okey. I've been looking trough the site for a while now and took some time for me to get here actually.

Well, my situation is this:

I've had Spotify Premium for years, even the account has been registrated way long time before that.

But when I was able to use Premium on cellphone/smart phones, it didn't struggle at all.

Now, I've been looking trough some posts, didn't find a solution to what has happened. I've seen something like this post, but haven't seen anything completely like this.

- Spotify on my phone won't Registrate my local files.

- Songs are automatically being removed from playlist.

- Unavailable to play most songs on mobile phone, even after 100% fully synced playlists.

So this is what I have done to try to fix it my self:

- 6-8 times Have i tried to transfer the songs over, at this very moment I am doing that as well.

- Tried different softwares to transfer it with.

- I went over all the songs names and description and changed it to correct spelling, punctation, Band name, file location and such on both PC and Phone.

**I'm a bit tired since it takes way over 10Gb of sharing with local files.

- I have updated the Bios several times.

- I have cleared the cache on phone.

- I have Re-installed the software several times.

- I made new playlists for the offline songs only, syncing them and like that, didn't work.
- I've done the typical *Restart and it might be fine* **bleep** alot. 

As I've seen, they recomended on doing it on the same Wi-fi connection, and yes, I have done that as well, even on another wi-fi connections. 

The phone does not have a slot for memory card, it got only one harddrive, and mostly are being used for music.. but for now it's really impossible since Spotify are the most used software and I don't really like using the standard mobile phone software for music streaming or looking trough playlists.

- Complain: Why doesn't it work now? What kind of software update have you done to actually cause this issue?

Everything worked nicely before, didn't have an issue, - that's over a year ago, so I've been struggling with this over a year.

I have been struggling with this alot, I have to re-sync alot, over 1.300 songs to sync, over 10gb of local files to registrate to spotify software to be able to play (Have to transfer from computer to mobile phone).

------------

On my computer (Title says fr the phone and Computer).

I got everything in control here.

To sum it up for you people: Yes, I have had several phones with spotify on, but I am using only 2 devices that have Spotify installed, which is the phone I told above this panel of issue, and the pc. The other does not have the software + Haven't been in use for a long time.

*EDIT - Added after post*

- Connected device with the latest update, lates spotify update for pc and android will not registrate the actual connection of devices between the Device and PC. They are connected on the same network, they are connected by cable for file transfering as well.

*EDIT - End of New added line for this post*

- Almost everytime I'm restarting spotify voluntarily ( that means: The computer have been on for a long time, the spotify crashes abit and get stuck sometimes, and it goes back to normal after 2-3 seconds ), after the restarts, all of the songs which is synced to offline playlists have been removed since the software say: The offline playlists have been withdrawn,  or something like that.

It has happened so far over 4 times and I'm running wild and almost about to cancel the subscription to spotify because of several issues that have been existing for a long time. 

9 Replies

Hi. Let's try and sort out your problems with synching local files first. The correct procedure is shown in this help file. Please note, there should not be a physical connection to your phone and spotify on your android will only see tracks you have synched from the desktop client and will not show music you have transeferred to the phone any other way.

Before trying to synch anything, please make sure Spotify is running on your android then check your desktop client and see if the mobile shows in the left hand pane under "Devices".

If it does, you're good to go.Start with one smaller playlist and see what is shown on the android as it downloads? You should see the playlist with a symbol showing it is being downloaded.

Ask if anything goes wrong.

Hello, Haven't seen the comment before now since I've been away for the 5-6 hours.

It will not work without that physical connection by cable between the Android and the Computer.

I have seen that, I have tried that way of fixing the issue but still won't react on the way it should be.. 

It has been like this for a while, but the past 3 last months, it has just gotten worse for every moment. I can't sync any of the songs, the songs get removed automatically. 
None of the songs which is local on my phone haven't been edited, changed, renamed or anything with, the files just getting somewhat unreadable and will not be memorized or anything by spotify. 

Before trying to synch anything, please make sure Spotify is running on your android then check your desktop client and see if the mobile shows in the left hand pane under "Devices".

Did you try this? What happened? Did your android show under Devices?

And no physical connection or other software please if we're going to sort out your Spotify issues.

It did not work, and no, The software didn't found the android as a device to connect to.

Every steps has been followed a couple of times during the process. 

If your mobile with spotify running doesn't show up under devices on your desktop client, this may be because you have logged into the android app using different credentials. Can you log out of the android app (at bottom of Spotify settings), restart your phone then start up Spotify and log in again. 

Making sure that it is using the same wifi as your desktop, does the phone now show in your desktop client?

Relogged on both the pc and the device. restarted after log out several times.

Reconnected to the wifi during the off-line attempts.

Tried logg in with both Log in with spotify information and facebook login.

They are connected to the same network, same wifi, but no.

There are no devices showing up.

Could you submit an online contact form and someone at Spotify will look into it for you. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply) and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Surething, I'll try.

Okey, I have been in contact with Spotify customer service support group for about 28 days now, and have not gotten any solution to my problem.

Is there anything left to try out? 
I have tested these:

-Resetting the devices via Spotify server (Customer Service Support did that)
-Testing their Test account
-Adding a new playlist for only local tracks to spotify
-Wifi connection, Cable connection and so on.
-Re-installing like 10 times or so on both computer and the device
-Re-synced all playlists.
-Updated the Android OS - Xperia Operative system
-Editing the information on every song on my computer, then transfering them to the device (Since they work as supposed on my computer) 
-The Local track file formats are: Example - Song.aac   and   Example - Song2.mp3 Which did work before on my device.

+ more.

But the device will not be found on spotify left panel as a device.
It's being found generally on my computer, and i can go trough that device without a problem, adding files, deleting files, re-sorting the files and so on.

Suggested posts