Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android/Samsung power management

Android/Samsung power management

Spotify was the first but the competition is more than emerging. You need to solve this.  I am a premium account

Spotify randomly quits working in my phone.  I'm a computer scientist so I know exactly what's happening.  It has everything to do with android/Samsung power management. Spotify randomly quits but will restart if the phone is woken up or is put on a charger. The background part of the app is being put to sleep to conserve power, bu the music stops..!

My phone is a Galaxy S8 running Android 9.  I've crawled the community forums and tried everything suggested.  I've deleted and reinstalled the app, I've removed all stored music, cleared the cache and ensured that the app can't be sleeping, power management is disabled and the phone is set to High Performance.

Spotify is useless unless you can solve this.  I know you're not alone, my IMAP email app is put to sleep too and the developers don't know what to do.

Let's hear the most recent useless advice please.  Keeping a customer is way cheaper that finding a new one.

0 Replies

Suggested posts