Premium

Country

Germany

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Over the last couple of days, I have started to experience issues with my Android Spotify app similar but not 100% identical to those of this user. Whenever I try to open the app it shows the Spotify logo starting screen. Then, after a couple of minutes, it just shows a black screen. If I'm lucky, it will take me to my main page with some of the menu buttons appearing, but it doesn't show any of the album covers or playlist thumbnails, and as soon as I try to click on any of the playlists or the "library" button it goes back to loading forever. I already tried a clean reinstall (including deleting the com.spotify stuff from my SD card) so unless I did anything wrong there this doesn't seem to fix the issue. I also already tried turning on permissions for the app but that didn't change anything either. 

I should probably add that I've already been experiencing weird issues with the app for some time, i.e. songs I downloaded a while ago not starting and clearly being downloaded again every time after having to restart the app. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @u_c7m-p6en41q,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try the following: Log out Everywhere, Uninstall the app again with the steps that are provided in the clean reinstall article. After that - switch off your phone > take out your SD card > start the devices again without the SD card > reinstall the app. 

Also make sure that there is no Battery Optimization enabled for Spotify on your phone.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @u_c7m-p6en41q,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you try the following: Log out Everywhere, Uninstall the app again with the steps that are provided in the clean reinstall article. After that - switch off your phone > take out your SD card > start the devices again without the SD card > reinstall the app. 

Also make sure that there is no Battery Optimization enabled for Spotify on your phone.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

Thank you, this has already helped a lot! App is mostly working again, the only issue left is that I can't get it to accept the SD card as the app's download storage. Whenever I try to do that in the settings, it takes forever to transfer the data to the SD card (even though I haven't downloaded any songs yet so there shouldn't be too much to transfer - I've noticed something similar whenever I deleted the com.spotify.music folder). Then after like half an hour it just says "failed to transfer to SD card". Is there anything I can do about this in Spotify or is this more likely to be an issue with my SD so that I should just format that? I'd love to be able to download songs again for offline use. 

Hey @u_c7m-p6en41q,

Thanks for your reply.

This sound like there might be issues with the SD card itself. You can try running it through some SD card scanning software on your PC to check for errors.

Alternatively, you can format it as External storage. This way Spotify will detect is as an actual SD card. If it's formatted as internal storage, the app won't differ between it and the phone's internal memory.

Let us know if you have more questions.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts