[Android] Spotify app won't open, and when it does it won't log in.

Highlighted

[Android] Spotify app won't open, and when it does it won't log in.

Blitzcrow
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

LG G7 ThinQ

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I've been using spotify as my main source of music for I'd guess 2 years. A bit ago the app wouldn't open, I'd tap on it and it would the basic "Launching the app" sort of screen, a black background with the spotify logo in the middle, and it would sit there until the phone systems realized it wasn't working and offered to force close the app, I waited longer 1 or 2 times but it leaded no change. It will only sometimes open after I reset my phoneand uninstall the app. When it does open, I click log in, input the correct information, click the second log in, it switchs to logging in and the nothing changes. It stayed on the log in screen, the second log in button changed to loggimg in , and nothing happenes, it never logs me in .

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: [Android] Spotify app won't open, and when it does it won't log in.

Hey there @Blitzcrow,

Thanks for posting this in the Community, we'll be happy to help you with your app 🙂 

To make sure you're using the latest version of the app and to boost the app's performance, we'd recommend you to run a clean reinstall first. 

Afterwards, please make sure you do this:

1. Go to Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
  2. Go to Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
  3. Last but not least - restart the phone.

Let us know what happened, we're here for you!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Re: [Android] Spotify app won't open, and when it does it won't log in.

Blitzcrow
Casual Listener

Thank you for replying @Petya.

I've done everything that you've said to do yet nothing has changed. Everything happens the exact same way. Quick detail that I'd like to add, when the app does open and I try to log in,bthe second log in button switches to logging in and nothing else happens, I can still modify my information, I can still click on the "Forgot your password" button, I can even return to the sign up screen, then go back the log in screen and everything will be how I left it, the log in button will not revert to saying log in, it will still be on logging in and I am unable to progress.

Thank you for your time.

SUGGESTED POSTS