Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Xiaomi Mi Box 4

Operating System

Android 9 (Android TV)

My Question or Issue

I'm watching the Joe Rogan Podcast with Elon Musk (episode #1609).

(1) If I Pause the video, walk away for 3-5 minutes, then return to Play podcast, the podcast continues without video. Cannot get video to play for this episode again, unless I completely close and reboot Spotify, or altogether restart my device.

(2) I'm on fiberoptic internet with 100mbps and 5ms ping. The video is choppy. Elon's head keeps spriting when he moves his head (audio works without issues).

(3) In regards to the choppy/sprite video, there is no way to reduce video quality.

(4) There is no Closed-Captioning anywhere...? I have aspergers, auditory language is my weakest skill, and watching without CC is harder for me to understand what is being said.

Can you hire some Google/YouTube engineers and build a decent video player...?

20210213_165158.jpg
1 Reply

Hey there @MusicToronto,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

As a first step, we recommend running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If that doesn't do the trick, try resetting your device and restarting your router by unplugging it from power for at least 15 seconds.

Regarding the subtitles, we're currently rolling out this feature for mobile apps. In the meantime, we recommend adding your idea to add this feature to Android TV apps to our ideas board. Others can then vote on it or add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this Spotify Answer.

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts