Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Tablet (Samsung Tab S6) no longer plays songs, & everything is grayed out.

Android Tablet (Samsung Tab S6) no longer plays songs, & everything is grayed out.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Tab S6 (Phone works - LGV35 Thin Q)

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Up until today, Spotify worked perfectly on my Tablet. Today, I can open the app and be logged in, but every song on the app is gray, missing the album art, and will not play/load when clicked. Songs will attempt to play, but then stop. 

Performed multiple Clean Installs on phone and tablet. Logged in / out, no updates from Play store etc. Does not work. Did everything I could find on google/here. 

Screenshot_20200815-003853_Spotify.jpg
2 Replies

Hi.
I understand you've done a clean install but would you try below in the exact order:-
Please do the following in the exact order:-
make sure you're connected to a wifi network
log out of Spotify
uninstall Spotify
clean your phone's cache (if you can)
remove the SD card (if you have one)
turn off your phone
turn on your phone
reinstall Spotify
open Spotify and download at least one album or playlist
reinsert the SD card (if you have one)

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Hello, what solved this issue from your steps was the near final step of Downloading a playlist even though all the albums were gray. 

Once the download started (took 1 min), all of the songs regained their album/song art and are playable like normal. 

In case anyone runs into this issue, my exact steps were as follows; I didn't do all of them because some did not apply:

(1) Log out of Spotify on device (Samsung Galaxy S6 Tablet).

(2) Uninstall Spotify from App Drawer.

(3) Power Off device (not restart - actually power off fully).

(4) Wait 20 seconds, Power on Device.

(5) Download Spotify App from Play Store.

(6) Log In.

(7) Picked a random playlist and hit "Download" from the 3 dot bar in upper right.

(8) Once the download got started after 1 minute or so, everything went back to normal. I canceled the download once this happened. All is working now.

Suggested posts