Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] There's no option to share on instagram stories

[Android] There's no option to share on instagram stories

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Moto G6 Play

Operating System

Android 9.0

My Question or Issue

When I'm on instagram and I try to share the song on my instagram stories, that option doesn't appear. I've tried to uninstall and install both softwares and it didn't work. 

cc57e461-181c-4615-995d-60af0e5787f3.jpg
db1492b9-2be9-4806-b3db-ec3346873fac.jpg
5 Replies

Hey @joaomarabisa thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community

I would actually recommend doing a clean reinstall on your device. It might also be beneficial if you can restart your device, although it sounds simple, it can help from time to time.

Finally, if none of those work try clearing your cache and data by following these steps:

Step 1: Head to the Settings menu.
Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.
Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available.

Here is a video to help with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PeUOLLk0s

Let me know how it goes,

Jack 🙂

Hi Jack.

Many thanks for the answer! Unfortunately it didn't work.

First I've tried to unistall and install again, and later to delete all the cache.

Maybe it's a bug, do you have another clue?

That's really sad, because I really would like to share my songs on instagram and I cannot do that..

Regards.

Hey again @joaomarabisa

Is there an option on your menu to share to "other" or "more" apps?

Jack 

Hi Jack,

Yes, as I've shown in the pictures I can select some apps, including Instagram, but on Instsgram I just can send as a direct.

Could you help me?

Thanks.

Hey @joaomarabisa 

If you're missing the option to share to your Instagram stories, you can find more info here

We'd also suggest making sure to always keep both apps updated so you won't miss the latest features and improvements.

Jack 

Suggested posts