Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Does spotify have the ability to download playlists to android wear for offline playback on the watch giving me the ability to leave my phone at home? 

The wear app doesn't work for me at all on my LG Watch Sport / Pixel XL.

108 Replies

Dear spotify programmers, please make this situation clear for your (premium) users, will the sync feature come to Android wear 2 or not? Don't hide yourselfs in this case but be honest. A lot of us are really happy with the app, but also a lot of us are runners who bought a watch in order to be capable to leave the phone @ home!

I (and many others) are waiting your answer!

I'm disappointed Spotify doesn't support Android Wear 2.0 properly. Moving to Google Play Music if this doesn't change soon!

The feature request is NOT solved, like most of the questions on here.

How did it get marked solved? I don't recall ever clicking anything to mark it as such.

Edit: Figured out how to remove the solved tag.

Oh my bad, tnx to remove the 'solved' tag.

And spotify still silent about this. It's a recurring request since Wear 1.0

Does the spotify crew even read all this?

I had to switch, reluctantly, for this reason. I miss Spotify--it is far, far better at finding new music that I like--but I need the offline capability and can't pay for two services.

Spotify, pls get your ____ Together!

So after posting and researching and waiting, I finally pulled the trigger on a Polar M600.

I will pay for a Google Play Music sub to gain offline playback during my runs. I like Youtube Red anyway. I actually already recreated my Spotify running playlist in GPM. As an audiophile I cringe at the thought of using GP, but Spotify doesn't do HD files (yet) anyway, so ce la vie.

Based on recent rumours, I think Spotify is looking to get into the hardware game for some reason, which explains this ridiculous gap in functionality and their utter lack of response.

To everyone on this thread looking for offline playback on their Androud Wear watch, I'd recommend making the jump to Google Play Music or getting the Mighty Audio player. I'm disappointed, as are we all, but I think it'll be some time before they put a device out, if that's what they're doing...

The thought of wearing a bright green device makes me shudder.

I gave up waiting for a proper app and started making it myself: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-Wear-2-0-App-gave-up-waiting-started-making-it-myse...

Still very much an alpha version and no offline playback since the Spotify SDK doesn't allow it.

This is a feature I would like too.

I have an Android Wear watch (Huawei Watch 2) which I bought for GPS tracking/running.

It would be nice to have the spotify app running on the watch able to download track for listening offline, so that I can use bluetooth headphones to listen while on the run.

Yup I just left. I'm now on GPM and actually the audio quality is way way better on it, really supprised. Only thing I miss is the Spotify interface... But its music, I listen to it not look at it! a bonus is my car recongises the app better so I can navigate all my playlists in my car head unit, so better than Spotify there as well. So long Spotify, you snoozed on the wear app, so I'm out and moved to skynet!

Please make this a feature Spotify, or I will switch to Google Play Music.

Any movement on this at all? It seems like a neglected feature request.

I really don't think it's too much to ask to get offline playback on android wear 2.0 for running etc, when we pay for premium.

I really hope Spotify will implement offline playback for AW2 devices soon. Looking forward to run and listen to music without tethered phone when I receive my preordered AW2-watch later this fall. But if Spotify fails to deliver I will have to jump ship and go with GPM.

The implementation for Tizen works. So im confident, that Android will follow 🙂

PixMixa: you are telling on Tizen it is possible to play offline music on watch via Spotify??

FredrickD - Yes, Spotify offline is possible on the Samsung Gear S3.

Suggested posts