Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Re: Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

FrederickD
Regular
Dear spotify programmers, please make this situation clear for your (premium) users, will the sync feature come to Android wear 2 or not? Don't hide yourselfs in this case but be honest. A lot of us are really happy with the app, but also a lot of us are runners who bought a watch in order to be capable to leave the phone @ home!

I (and many others) are waiting your answer!

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm disappointed Spotify doesn't support Android Wear 2.0 properly. Moving to Google Play Music if this doesn't change soon!

calvertdw

The feature request is NOT solved, like most of the questions on here.

boatski
Casual Listener

How did it get marked solved? I don't recall ever clicking anything to mark it as such.

Edit: Figured out how to remove the solved tag.

FrederickD
Regular
Oh my bad, tnx to remove the 'solved' tag.
Highlighted

avilao
Regular

And spotify still silent about this. It's a recurring request since Wear 1.0

FrederickD
Regular
Does the spotify crew even read all this?

kenspencerbrown

I had to switch, reluctantly, for this reason. I miss Spotify--it is far, far better at finding new music that I like--but I need the offline capability and can't pay for two services.

Unblockgames
Casual Listener
Spotify, pls get your ____ Together!

bonuslife3
Music Fan
So after posting and researching and waiting, I finally pulled the trigger on a Polar M600.

I will pay for a Google Play Music sub to gain offline playback during my runs. I like Youtube Red anyway. I actually already recreated my Spotify running playlist in GPM. As an audiophile I cringe at the thought of using GP, but Spotify doesn't do HD files (yet) anyway, so ce la vie.

Based on recent rumours, I think Spotify is looking to get into the hardware game for some reason, which explains this ridiculous gap in functionality and their utter lack of response.

To everyone on this thread looking for offline playback on their Androud Wear watch, I'd recommend making the jump to Google Play Music or getting the Mighty Audio player. I'm disappointed, as are we all, but I think it'll be some time before they put a device out, if that's what they're doing...
SUGGESTED POSTS