Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Does spotify have the ability to download playlists to android wear for offline playback on the watch giving me the ability to leave my phone at home? 

The wear app doesn't work for me at all on my LG Watch Sport / Pixel XL.

108 Replies

My LG watch Style isn't even supported by the app yet! And the main reason I bought this smartwatch was because I wanted offline playlists on my watch. And now you're telling me that offline lists is not supported either?? I want to install the app on my watch AND I want offline playlists!

Someone may correct me but the EU version of the S3 didn't have LTE but the US version can.... I wanted to stream over LTE in the UK but the networks don't support it you need a phone. I still have my Huawei watch streaming on LTE and offline using Google play music and loving it. Spotify is asleep doing nothing and losing my business still

Someone may correct me but the EU version of the S3 didn't have LTE but the US version can.... I wanted to stream over LTE in the UK but the networks don't support it you need a phone. I still have my Huawei watch streaming on LTE and offline using Google play music and loving it. Spotify is asleep doing nothing and losing my business still

Why is this marked Solved? There is still no offline Playback on AW2 and now i just read that the new samsung geart fit 2 Pro will have it. which is to be announced at the end of agust?

WTH Spotify you're really dropping the ball with this one... CMON!!

No idea how solutions are being accepted. I haven't looked at this for a while.

In October I'll get my Ticwatch S. Really hope Spotify gets their s**t together and implements offline support for AW until then.
Anyone heard anything about this yet?

Got my Polar M600 watch for about 4 hours now. One of the first thoughts that crossed my mind was, wow I can now use Spotify on my watch in offline mode when running without my phone. But after I did some research this seems not possible. Too bad. Guess I'll have to carry my phone with me on those long runs. Would be nice though if Spotify replied to this discussion.

It's ok, just switch to google music like i did. Works great..

Way to go Spotify! 😕

I've got the M400 (non android wear) which syncs to your phone. Current setup is watch + clip style mp3 player. I love the polar flow ecosystem though and got my eye on the M600 in the future, hopefully Spotify get their act together for standalone offline playback.

If they don't, there is always google play music as others have mentioned. This works perfectly with Android Wear on the go (I have tried it out on the Sony Smartwatch)

My Huawei Watch 2 came with a free trial for Google Play Music... It works great. Now I can run without my phone. And, you know... there is no point in paying for two music services. I will have to cancel spotify.

I agree Spotify! Please support this offline to wearable feature. Other than hifi streaming this is the other desirable feature. 

Please add this, it's the only thing I really want from spotify

It's about time we get this feature on AW too

Why is there not a option yet to have offline music on android wear? I can not even play music standalone using my LG Watch Sport with cellular connection. 

change to Google play music that works in android wear perfectly well spotify to charge at the beginning of the month does not fail but for all the people who have watches with Android wear do not want to remove an application would be where we can do sports only with the independent clock and we can hear our lists of offline mode only do it with samsung wear those who have released a money for having unfortunate service these spotify but when it comes to collect premium account do not fail please we are millions of people who want a spotify on our watches android wear so independent take out an application already

please Spotify!!!! Uptate your app with this feature

I can download offline music with Spotify to my samsung gear S2 sport, but it's Tizen and not Android Wear.

Please bring Offline music Playback to android wear!

Just got my Ticwatch S and Google Play Music works really well with offline playback. 

I'm on a 60 day free trial with GPM. I guess if Spotify doesn't fix this I'll have to drop them an give my money to Google. Hurts a bit since I'm a Swede.

Still no official answer about future plans/updates. Is it that hard to enable a feature that GPM already have on board? 

Suggested posts