Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Highlighted

Re: Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Michaelsage

What makes this even worse is the next Samsung watch will likely use Wear OS and not tizen. I was thinking about getting a new ticwatch pro but without this feature it's not so useful. I do have a mighty which is great for running with, however, it would great to replace it with a device that does everything else not just offline playlists. I don't want to run or exercise with my phone. :/ 

jonnybrady-tw
Regular

I complained to the CEO Daniel Ek @eldsjal directly on his Twitter about Spotify for WearOS and the bugs for Spotify on TizenOS and @spotifycares nearly lost their minds trying to be 'helpful', whereas before they just dismissed me. So perhaps this is the way to go if you want to get something done?

anewson
Casual Listener

I ended up switching to GPM over this; unsubscribing from thread. good luck all - I recommend you switch, GPM is great.

pekarting
Casual Listener

It's frustrating that Spotify cannot support android wear music download.

I'm already on the trial period of GPM. But I won't be paying for both services, so let's see. I may switch.  I have huawei watch 2, and GPM is the only way I can go running and listening to music only carrying the watch.

chaosnr1

It's very sad that I'll have to test gpm because I want to use my new watch without my phone for running.

Is it that difficult to implement a download option? 

Pulver
Casual Listener

New Spotify app for Wear OS:

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2018-10-17/hello-wear-os-by-googletm-spotify-here/

But no offline mode.

Re: Android Wear 2.0

bonuslife3
Music Fan
*facepalm*

twiky