Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Does spotify have the ability to download playlists to android wear for offline playback on the watch giving me the ability to leave my phone at home? 

The wear app doesn't work for me at all on my LG Watch Sport / Pixel XL.

108 Replies

What makes this even worse is the next Samsung watch will likely use Wear OS and not tizen. I was thinking about getting a new ticwatch pro but without this feature it's not so useful. I do have a mighty which is great for running with, however, it would great to replace it with a device that does everything else not just offline playlists. I don't want to run or exercise with my phone. 😕 

I complained to the CEO Daniel Ek @eldsjal directly on his Twitter about Spotify for WearOS and the bugs for Spotify on TizenOS and @spotifycares nearly lost their minds trying to be 'helpful', whereas before they just dismissed me. So perhaps this is the way to go if you want to get something done?

I ended up switching to GPM over this; unsubscribing from thread. good luck all - I recommend you switch, GPM is great.

It's frustrating that Spotify cannot support android wear music download.

I'm already on the trial period of GPM. But I won't be paying for both services, so let's see. I may switch.  I have huawei watch 2, and GPM is the only way I can go running and listening to music only carrying the watch.

It's very sad that I'll have to test gpm because I want to use my new watch without my phone for running.

Is it that difficult to implement a download option? 

New Spotify app for Wear OS:

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2018-10-17/hello-wear-os-by-googletm-spotify-here/

But no offline mode.

*facepalm*

No offline neither bluetooth play from watch

The fact that is the idea is still open from 2014 and hasn't been picked up by Spotify should tell us something.  I've tried asking their support about the issue a few times on Twitter but they choose not to respond.   Again, says it all.

I'm off to Google Play - bye bye Spotify Premium subscription.

Suggested posts