Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

5 people liked this

Re: Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Michaelsage

What makes this even worse is the next Samsung watch will likely use Wear OS and not tizen. I was thinking about getting a new ticwatch pro but without this feature it's not so useful. I do have a mighty which is great for running with, however, it would great to replace it with a device that does everything else not just offline playlists. I don't want to run or exercise with my phone. :/ 

2 people liked this

jonnybrady-tw
Regular

I complained to the CEO Daniel Ek @eldsjal directly on his Twitter about Spotify for WearOS and the bugs for Spotify on TizenOS and @spotifycares nearly lost their minds trying to be 'helpful', whereas before they just dismissed me. So perhaps this is the way to go if you want to get something done?

6 people liked this

anewson
Casual Listener

I ended up switching to GPM over this; unsubscribing from thread. good luck all - I recommend you switch, GPM is great.

4 people liked this

pekarting
Casual Listener

It's frustrating that Spotify cannot support android wear music download.

I'm already on the trial period of GPM. But I won't be paying for both services, so let's see. I may switch.  I have huawei watch 2, and GPM is the only way I can go running and listening to music only carrying the watch.

2 people liked this

chaosnr1

It's very sad that I'll have to test gpm because I want to use my new watch without my phone for running.

Is it that difficult to implement a download option? 

Pulver
Casual Listener

New Spotify app for Wear OS:

https://newsroom.spotify.com/2018-10-17/hello-wear-os-by-googletm-spotify-here/

But no offline mode.

Highlighted

Re: Android Wear 2.0

bonuslife3
Music Fan
*facepalm*