Announcements

Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Highlighted

Re: Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Casual Listener

It just seems that they don't even care about consumers because we don't even have a decent reply from their side... This is the same for IOS. They must have exclusivity with Samsung which is a shame...

Highlighted

Casual Listener

All Android versions of Spotify are the same. There is no samsung exclusive version.

Highlighted

Community Legend

But Samsung wear runs Tizen and not android.

Highlighted

Music Fan

@barclayethan

Incorrect, we are not discussing Android phone apps. We are discussing Android Wear, which most definitely is different than Tizen, which is Samsung's exclusive smartwatch OS.

Please do your research before you spread more confusion on a lengthy and frustratng topic!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

@bonuslife3

The reason I brought up android phone apps is because @vbaptista brought up iOS. As there is no Spotify Apple Watch app, I assumed he was referring to a Samsung Smartphone. I am quite aware that Samsung Wear runs Tizen, not Android Wear.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yes i am speaking of proper Android wear integration. IOS doesn't even have an app for Apple watch. but its the same principle. Spotify for some reason only focus their development for Samsung tizen wearables and doesn't seem to care for the remaining smartwaches OS

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yea, I've also been with spotify as a premium user for the past 3 years now. But its 2017 & they still don't support android wear properly. Would've been acceptable for a free app but for a decently priced premium subscription, this sucks! Deal breaker for me.

Pulling my subscription off & watching out for play music deals for the new year.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Just switched from spotify to Google play music. Loving it, it also gives me complementary YouTube red plus there's obviously much better support for wear.

For those of you thinking, use pyportify to transfer all your songs & playlists over from spotify, works amazingly well.

Good luck spotify!

Highlighted

I cancelled my Spotify subscription 6 months ago and switched to Google Play Music, for this reason. With GPM I can have music offline in my Polar M600 android wear watch and use BT headphones, great combo for runs! I'd be happy to switch back to Spotify if this one small feature was available.

Highlighted

A few months ago I switched to GPM to have offline music on my Huawei Watch 2.  Some time later I  upgraded it to a family plan so that my wife could  have music on her phone. I still get a lot of emails from Spotify, so I  remembered to came back here to check how is the  progress on android wear...sadly,  it seems they are not even working on this. 

SUGGESTED POSTS