Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

1 person liked this

Re: Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

PixMixa
Casual Listener

I am already waiting for the offline support for the tizen app on my Samsung Gear S2 and Gear S3 for three month now. When they launched the app in december I was absolutely sure that offline support is the next update...but nothing happened. No communication, no announcements, nothing. I have lost my optimism for tizen and for wear 2.0 as well so i will have to switch to GPM. Cannot understand this...

WillWarm
I was thinking the same but after testing Google Play Music and realize that it's really not possible to compare one to the other I cancelled Google and switch back to Spotify.
If you like to discover music stay and wait for Spotify, they will probably going to realize that their heads must be removed​ from...[finish this the way you like]. But if you only build your own playlist or listen to complete albums it will be really easy for you to make this move.

avilao
Regular

Just do it. Spotify doesn't care about premium users.

3 people liked this

Julest84
Spotify, please update on if/when this will be available! I am one of many who will reluctantly switch to Google play if you don't offer it!

user-removed
Not applicable

google "mighty audio" , it's the next best thing. They are in the final certifacation stage w/ Spotify. I agree though, this is a simple request that adds a ton of value.

It has something to do w/ DRM rights (offline song storage) though and spotify has a rigourus certification process .. to do this for all the different watches seems daunting.

4 people liked this

genericstrobist
Casual Listener
Just got a huawei watch 2 LTE... Very sad I can't stream or offline Spotify... GPM works perfectly and I don't want to switch..... Please update app otherwise I will soon 😓

steven-w

hmm shame this doesn't work. You would think spotify would be one of the first to get ahead of things like this. It's a way to get extra customers and more publicity.

I'm definitely going to try out Google Play for these features.

1 person liked this

rishabhmalhotra
Casual Listener
I'm a premium user and I've also been thinking of moving on from Spotify for some time now.
Their **bleep**ty wear support strengthens my resolve to do so
Also, there's issues with their Android app in caching, it doesn't completely remove songs when I remove them from offline in the app and over time this results in the app taking a huge amount of memory on my device
2 people liked this

haaroldi
Casual Listener

Offline play for my Polar M600. Google Music offers it, so here I come, bye bye Spotify for now. But I'll come back real fast if Spotify makes offline play possible, since Google Music sucks otherwise.

1 person liked this

Caccarazza
I have also huawei watch 2 lte and it say connection failed.. How is it possible
SUGGESTED POSTS