Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Re: Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Joe
Community Legend

The thought of wearing a bright green device makes me shudder.

seahorsepip
Regular

I gave up waiting for a proper app and started making it myself: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-Wear-2-0-App-gave-up-waiting-started-making-it-myse...

Still very much an alpha version and no offline playback since the Spotify SDK doesn't allow it.

geordieboozer
Casual Listener

This is a feature I would like too.

I have an Android Wear watch (Huawei Watch 2) which I bought for GPS tracking/running.

It would be nice to have the spotify app running on the watch able to download track for listening offline, so that I can use bluetooth headphones to listen while on the run.

genericstrobist
Casual Listener
Yup I just left. I'm now on GPM and actually the audio quality is way way better on it, really supprised. Only thing I miss is the Spotify interface... But its music, I listen to it not look at it! a bonus is my car recongises the app better so I can navigate all my playlists in my car head unit, so better than Spotify there as well. So long Spotify, you snoozed on the wear app, so I'm out and moved to skynet!

barclayethan
Casual Listener
Please make this a feature Spotify, or I will switch to Google Play Music.

Tobenai_Tsubasa
Casual Listener

Any movement on this at all? It seems like a neglected feature request.

I really don't think it's too much to ask to get offline playback on android wear 2.0 for running etc, when we pay for premium.

T68L
Music Fan
I really hope Spotify will implement offline playback for AW2 devices soon. Looking forward to run and listen to music without tethered phone when I receive my preordered AW2-watch later this fall. But if Spotify fails to deliver I will have to jump ship and go with GPM.

PixMixa
Casual Listener

The implementation for Tizen works. So im confident, that Android will follow :)

FrederickD
Regular
PixMixa: you are telling on Tizen it is possible to play offline music on watch via Spotify??

Pulver
Casual Listener

FredrickD - Yes, Spotify offline is possible on the Samsung Gear S3.

SUGGESTED POSTS