Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Highlighted

Re: Android Wear 2.0 & Offline Playback

Regular

According to a source from one of the brands of android wear watches, Google did/do not allow the implementation of Spotify offline mode. The only standalone solution permitted is GPM. Why can not Spotify be straightforward and lay out the truth? 

Highlighted

According to Deezers blog their Android Wear App supports to store songs offline. this means you can use an Android Wear watch with Deezer as standalone. So I don't believe that Spotify is not allowed to do the same.

http://www.deezer-blog.com/press/time-out-deezer-now-available-on-android-wear/

Highlighted

Regular

Does not specifically state that it is standalone only that it can be controlled by Android Wear. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Re: Android Wear with Deezer. I haven't tried it personally but from the blog post - 

Key features include:

• My Music – Listen to all your saved playlists, albums, top track and recently listened songs offline.

Highlighted

Regular

Does not state if it is offline list on phone or Android Wear. 

Highlighted

Regular

The only way to confirm it is to try it personally. 

Highlighted

Regular

Just tried and no luck. Guess they mean offline on phone... 

Highlighted

I think Deezer Will support offline in Android Wear soon. There is a new Garmin watch coming soon that announces offline music with Deezer.

I am impressed how blind Spotify is, there are lots of users requesting this feature for years and they don't listen.

I will move to GPM or Deezer soon.

Highlighted

Regular

Has anyone heard something from Spotify about this? I'm halfway over to Google Play Music now, only because of the lack of standalone offline playback on my Android Wear. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Just echoing my support for this feature. I was a GPM user but switched to Spotify; having this feature on Spotify so I can finally leave my phone when I run would really be a nice addition.

SUGGESTED POSTS