Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Wear App / Sync support

Android Wear App / Sync support

As an owner of a Moto 360 and an LG G Watch I would love to have a Spotify remote app for Android Wear, plenty of other apps have it baked in, I hear Tinder even has a way to "Swype left" from the watch... I know that for the most part Android Wear takes care of this with the default app (which has improved with 4.4W2 update, and that leads me to request #2...)

Android Wear has support for synced music, I know in the case of the Moto 360 it has 4 GB's of onboard storage for music sync, I have the latest version of Android Wear and Play Music and got some music to sync over and to listen to it on bluetooth headphones linked to my watch, meaning at the gym, pool, etc I could leave my phone in the locker / charging and just use the watch to listen to music...

Since I use Spotify for all my music listening I have very little to nothing in Play Music and would hate to have to use two apps to try and acomplish this task of syncing tracks to the watch.

If you have interest / beta program for Android with Android Wear let me know, always willing to lend a hand / suggestions!

2 Replies

You have 2 wear watches??? That's just greedy (a little bit jealous as I don't have any). Maybe Spotify should buy me a 360 so I can help offer assistance to people on this platform... @Rorey 😄

Wear is still in its infancy and with each update a new set of API's are being pushed so I guess Spotify will probably wait for it to settle down a little befor baking in some green goodness into the platform.

Normally updates are tested and pushed internally to the staff (I don't get most updates until they are released into the wild either). But occasionally a beta opportunity is made public, if this is to happen a post is normally made on this forum asking people to sign-up (the last beta request is still sticky at the top of the forum currently).

Keep an eye out for any beta opportunities. You've made some excellent suggestions which I highly recommend you post in the Ideas forum as this is where they'll get noticed.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Me too (as the button suggest :P). It would be awesome! I go to gym everyday and i got a bluetooth headset; it would be so nice!

Suggested posts