Android Widget Removal

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Android Widget Removal

hendersj
Casual Listener

What is the message you're taking away from the feedback?

Why would you get rid of a useful feature and provide an alternative that's less usable, requires more taps to get to, and removes your app's presence from everyone's home screen?

Highlighted

RecklessLove
Visitor

The removal of the widget makes absolutely no sense at all.  Almost every single person I know with Spotify on Android uses it. 

I can only guess it was removed to make the code more similar between different OSes, but that doesn't change how bad of a change it is.  Make improvements like allowing us to folder sort artists by genre and the like.  Stop taking stuff away.

Highlighted

markliebs
Visitor

This was an unbelievably short-sighted change.

I used the widget almost constantly and to have it suddenly removed with no warning and no good reason is really...dumb.

And honestly, has me searching for another service to replace Spotify for the first time.

Just put it back.

Highlighted

pyster
Casual Listener

And in their arrogence they are just ignoring the outrage. They said go vote... and then are just ignoring it. Seriously. I think I might need to cancel my paid subscription if they dont bring this back.

Highlighted

Lucien
Music Fan

This isn't OK. What purpose did it serve to remove it? It's a de-evolution not an evolution to do this.

No.... swiping down isn't convenient if the app isn't already open. 

Highlighted

Artisan17
Visitor

What screaming lunatic decided it would be a good idea to remove something so useful?

Highlighted

CyrilMx
Casual Listener

Meanwhile I found this app pretty useful 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kissdevs.kdmusicwidget

You can have a widget and link it with Spotify app. 

Maybe someone know of another one ? This one is pretty cool and it's free. 

Highlighted

LeviGillgannon

So removing the widget helps increase the development time on other features? Does that mean Android can expect the swipe to queue feature that's been on iPhone for what 5 years now!?

Highlighted

partybart81
Visitor

No widget, no 15€/m.

...No salery for stupid product managers

Highlighted

TwilightLinkabl
Music Fan
How about we all subscribe to Google Play Music? They have a widget that
will not be removed at all. LOL xD