Premium

Country

US

Device

Google Pixel 2

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

After about 10-20 minutes of Spotify being in the background playing via Chromecast, if I return to Spotify, the "connection" with my Chromecast isn't fully functional. The hardware volume buttons don't work. I can skip forward/backward tracks but can't select tracks. Spotify doesn't consistently show my CC as connected, and then when I try to rejoin it won't even be in the list of available devices. 

Sometimes if I swipe Spotify away to close and relaunch, then after a couple seconds Spotify again shows connected to the CC, after not having before closing. Also the CC just keeps playing music through all this, assumably because Spotify doesn't have control. 

I've been using Android with Chromecast for over 2 years and have seen this across Android devices (Nexus 5/5X, Pixel 2) and versions, as well as CC iterations and models of CC Audio/Ultra. I've also seen other posts about it but none of them go anywhere.

Any known issues about CC connectivity and Spotify? Anything else that can be done?

Thanks,

M

0 Replies

Suggested posts