Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app. Not updating playing song.

Android app. Not updating playing song.

Mobile is Broken. Is not showing currently playing song. Is instead showing first song played when opened app. Cannot fix without force stopping. This is happening on 3 different, recently updated phones so it's not me.  Very frustrating.

I really want to cancel this service that underpays artists while overpaying employees and promotes censorship and devisive social politics. You are giving me a great excuse spotify.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Pixel 3 Pixel 4 Cubot x30

Operating System

Android 10/11

44 Replies

i agree. i'm having the same issue. spotify is so broken and this help page is not at all user friendly. Spotify don't care at all about their users and no matter how many times i have tried to contact support they just dont care. It's appauling that a company this disgusting and against their customers and artists is able to flourish.

Same here. Songs not updating to what Im currently listening, plus songs playing randomly even when they're paused?? Stop changing the app. Everytime you guys do you end up breaking something in the process, also get rid of this stupid "Car Mode" BS it's unneccesary af. It was good how it was, now I have to press "exit Car Mode" everytime I open the app on my commute to work.

I've had the same issue for the past couple of days. Recent update issue?

I'm having the Same issue. It also took an hour to find this thread on the website. There customer support is rubbish im going to cancel my subscription if I cant get this sorted very soon. 

Same issue here. I'm cancelling premumium until fixed

Hey folks!

Thank you for your comments and reports here.

Right now we have an Ongoing issue with what you seem to be experiencing with your now playing view. A fix was launched for some users, so we recommend updating the app to see if it behaves as it should now.  

If the issue persists, we'd recommend leaving your details and a +Vote in our Ongoing issue thread, also you can keep an eye on the thread for updates.

We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you.

Have a lovely day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the same problem, but clicking the "Ongoing Issue" link takes me to a page that says "Access Denied"

Hey @yellowledvedder

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

That link was for an issue with Now playing view not updating, and it was fixed a while ago. 

If you're experiencing this issue, we'd recommend starting a new thread and we'll carry on with the help there. 

Hope this helps. 

Have a good one!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I am having the exact same problem and there are no tips whatsoever about how to fix this?

Hey @femke_dijkstra,

Thanks for the post.

Could you let us know exactly what you're seeing as well as:

• Device make, model and OS version
  • Spotify version 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

I have the same issue.

OnePlus 6T

Android 10

OxygenOS 10.3.11

Spotify 8.6.30.889

I have tried clean re-installs of the app and also clearing data and cache several times.

The issue can temporarily be alleviated by restarting the phone.

When playing music after a restart it functions normally but bugs out again when listening to a podcast, no matter what podcast.

Hey @CluelessWarrior,

Thanks for the information.

The right team at Spotify has been informed of this issue and they're currently investigating why it's happening. We've passed you info on.

We'll let you know in this thread as soon as we get more news.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Same problem. Huawei P30 pro, all latest updates

I actually have this problem when I use it to control the reproduction from Google home. When this happens, also some settings controls (e.g. Crossfade) are unavailable

Hey @iltempovola,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

It's also a good idea to make sure that that Spotify and Google Home have all necessary permissions enabled and are excluded from battery optimization services. 

Just to double-check- does the issue occur also when you try playing music only on your phone?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

Stl the same problem here:

• Android 11
  • Spotify 8.6.36.1070

Only solution is to force the app to stop.

It happens when playing on my Alexa but also when only playing on the phone. Tried to reinstall the app but no luck.

Another issue that just started when the problem above commenced, was that Spotify shuts down by itself mid song.

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for the post.

We've passed your info on to the team investigating this 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Same for me in July 2021. Link below from Spotify support just gives me an "Access Denied" page.
Music playing on my Mac OS (M1) app. Currently playing track not updating on My Android app (Galaxy S20, up to date).
Killing and restarting the Android app I get the current song, but it doesn't update when the track changes.

Hey @square_eyes_1

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps.

Additionally, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your phone?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts