Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app keeps crashing when I search up Omar Apollo & Samara Joy specifically

Android app keeps crashing when I search up Omar Apollo & Samara Joy specifically

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

So I saw that tweet from Barack Obama that listed his favorite music of 2022, and one of those is a song by Omar Apollo. So I search him up, and the app crashes. Pretty typical problem, just open the app again as normal, but the same thing happens. So I do the usual force stop, restart phone, uninstall and reinstall, but the same thing happens when I search up Omar Apollo specifically. All other artists are fine. I've tried every exhaustible option, and the same thing keeps happening.

I'd hate to factory reset as a last resort for this very minor issue.

25 Replies

Hey @mad1998,

Thanks for reaching out.

We've tested this on our end using an Android device but couldn't reproduce the issue. Can you please let us know your Spotify version and whether the issue persists when using a different connection by a different provider? 

Also, does this happen when you open the artist page or when you try to play a song? If the former, please check what happens when you click on a song in the search results and select View Artist.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail, my Spotify version is 8.7.92.521. It happens when I scroll further into the artist page, and even when I search up "Omar"

Hey @mad1998,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

We could replicate this behavior from our end, so we've gone ahead and reported it to our tech team. Rest assured this is being investigated.

We really appreciate the time you took to report this to us; we know you want to make the best out of your listening experience. We'll be posting the news on it in this thread, so we'd suggest you subscribe to it in the three dot menu; that way you can stay up to date.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator

The same thing is happening to me 

I can also replicate this on my Android (Galaxy S22+) and the same Spotify version as @mad1998 (8.7.92.521).

same for me for Samara Joy

Hey @box624,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

We could replicate this behavior from our side, so we've passed this info to our tech team in order for them to investigate it further. Would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of the affected device, along with the Spotify version you are running?

Folks, we really appreciate the time you took to report this behavior to us. Remember, we'll be posting any news on this matter in this thread, so don't forget to subscribe to it in the three dot menu.

We'll be in the lookout!

AlejaRModerator

There is a bug in samara joy ' s profile.

Plan

Premium

Country

US 

Device

Google Pixel 6 pro 

Operating System

Android 13

Whenever I search Samara Joy and pull her page up and then click on her latest album Spotify crashes. Also if I pick a song on her favorites list it also crashes. It doesn't do this for any other artists and it's been happening a few days. 

Yes.  Every time I go to search her, the app shuts down.

Yup me too. Weird. It's specific to the artist

Samara Joy just won a Grammy award for her music:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samara_Joy

Why is Spotify crashing only when I search her name?

It was crashing before she won the award. It's been crashing for multiple
days and it does not crash on my wife's phone.

My wife uses an iPhone and it doe snot crash there.
Only crashed on my Android phone.

I'm having the same issue. I've deleted and re-installed the app, but it keeps crashing every time I scroll down her artist page. Other artist pages work without issue. So it seems to be her page specifically.

The issue is still there. I've got version 8.8.6.472

Same issue on Pixel 7 pro.

My Spotify crashes when I start playing Samara Joy. Android version 8.8.6.472

Me too. I thought my phone had a problem for a minute. 

Suggested posts