Android app liked playlists is broken

Solved!

Android app liked playlists is broken

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8+ (International Version Factory Unlocked)

Operating System

Android 9

Spotify Android App Version

My Question or Issue

Recently, I can no longer add music to my Liked Songs playlist. I get the "You have reached song limit" pop-up even though I only have 683 songs in my Liked Songs playlist... It works fine on Windows and Samsung TV. But any song I add to my Liked Songs playlist on Windows, it won't sync over to my Android. Also, I cannot un-heart a song either on Android. When I play from my Liked Songs playlist, the heart is hollowed out for all songs. Custom made playlists are fine. It's just the Liked Songs playlist that is fully broken for me in terms of adding and removing songs. Also, this issue occurs with Android Auto as well.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @BikerWho,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Since it could be a temporary error, would you mind trying each of the following steps with your Android device and the Spotify app? As a heads-up, it'd also be great for you to see if you can update to Android 10.

• Log out and back in. 

• Check the app is up-to-date.

• Check your device's operating system is up to date.

• Reinstall the app and restart your phone.
    Note: After reinstalling, you'll need to redownload any music you've made available for offline listening.

We'll look out for your reply and be here to help with anything else as well!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @BikerWho,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Since it could be a temporary error, would you mind trying each of the following steps with your Android device and the Spotify app? As a heads-up, it'd also be great for you to see if you can update to Android 10.

• Log out and back in. 

• Check the app is up-to-date.

• Check your device's operating system is up to date.

• Reinstall the app and restart your phone.
    Note: After reinstalling, you'll need to redownload any music you've made available for offline listening.

We'll look out for your reply and be here to help with anything else as well!

Mario Moderator

Ended up having to do a full reinstall of the application. But this is my 2nd doing a reinstall in a month... Last time, my profile wouldn't sync up with Spotify thereby not recognizing me and not letting me play downloaded songs. It's a hassle to reinstall and download all my songs anytime Spotify makes a change to the app.

Hey @BikerWho,

Thanks for replying. 

Best thing to do is to make sure you have both your device's operating system and Spotify updated to the latest version as that makes it much easier for the two to sync. 

We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with so don't hesitate to get in touch if needed!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts