Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app not detected as a music player anymore

Solved!

Android app not detected as a music player anymore

Last week i made a factory reset of my phone for another issue. Since then, the Spotify app isn't identified as a music player by my Huawei ascend P6. As a consequence, my headset remote and the remote of my car won't work anymore. Also the audio controls won't display on the lockscreen while playing.
I've tried to disable the default music player and Google music as I did before but no effect...
Any idea ?
Spotify app version 3.6.0.789
Rooted android 4.4.2 with emotionUI 2.3 (huawei original)
Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This bug seems to be solved in last version 4.6. I've upgraded from 3.5 and I don't have any problems for now.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks but a clean reinstal has already been tried since i've made a factory reset, reinstalltation of the app. and i've reformated the Sd card so the offline cache is stored on it instead of the internal storage.

I've also checked if an app could prevent the bluetooth and lockscreen control to work but I don't see any. Also the apps are the same than before the factory reset, whenit was working.

Hmm, you've tried the other steps that I'd suggest (disabling other players). Do you have a headset control app installed such as JAYS as this can interfere with the commands.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Same problem here!

Huawei Honor 6 - since the most recent Spotify update (?), it isn't recognized by the headphone remote anymore. As a consequence, the default music app starts when pressing the remote button. Tried deleting cache and reinstalling the app, but that didn't help. 

Android 4.4.2 and EMUI 3.0

Edit:

Went through all steps of the full uninstall guide, didn't help

Edit:

These people here have the same issue

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Can-t-operate-spotify-over-my-bluetooth-headset/m-p/12...

At least one of them also with Huawei

Apparently since last update

No I don't have any headset app. I still havn't found out how to make this work...
I tried to re-enable and redisable the other player without any effect.

Good i am not alone with this problem.. Huawei honor 6

Workaround : uninstall v3.6 or 3.7 and install the 3.5 version.
You can download it there : http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/download/2727
Don't forget to disable the updates for spotify in the play store.

Doesn't that delete all my offline files?

Updating the Honor 6 to Android 5 (released yesterday for European devices) also helps! No more problems for me

@mesut5555 : unfortunately yes, I had to resync all my offline playlists...

Did anyone tried version 3.8 or 3.9 to see if the bug has been solved ?

Marked as solution

This bug seems to be solved in last version 4.6. I've upgraded from 3.5 and I don't have any problems for now.

Suggested posts