Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android auto wont play spotify

Android auto wont play spotify

Hi, Does spotify not work with android auto?, I have android auto in my Volvo xc60 and when i go to music spotify is not an option for playing music, I have tried reinstalling android auto but this makes no difference. I can have the music playing and connect to the car through the usb lead and it continues but you cant control tracks with the steering wheel controls as it isnt coming through android auto

3 Replies

I recently have had this same problem and am at a loss. I have a Sony XAV-AX100 head unit in my Jeep that was playing spotify on my Moto G5 Plus until about 3 weeks ago.  The head unit has the latest firmware (1.02.09) installed and the phone has the latest spotify app version not to mention the Andriod OS (8.1.0).  This head unit supports Apple CarPlay and when my wife puts in her iPhone, Spotify is an option and plays but on Andriod Auto the app mysteriously disappeared.  I recently bought a OnePlus 6t and was hoping that this new phone would resolve it and nope.  I updated all my apps on the OnePlus and am running Andriod 9 on this new phone and still the same response.  I've even found an older verison of the spotify app before its most recent version and applied it on the OnePlus and still no option for the app on the unit.  Anyone with information please help, I'm driving blind!

Hi, I have managed to get mine to show Spotify and play it, might not be
related at all but I reinstalled the original Google play music app and
plugged the phone in and then both that and Spotify appear as a media source

That worked!  This morning I saw your post as I was getting ready for work and quickly uninstalled my Google Play music & movies.  Reinstalled those same two apps and when I got in the car Spotify appeared again!  Thank you so much, you made my day!

Suggested posts